Do you speak to your significant other every day?

If you're dating someone, do you talk to them every day (call, text, etc.)? If not, how often do you contact them?

• Yes
    82% (42)67% (24)76% (66)Vote
  • No
    18% (9)33% (12)24% (21)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
22|14

Most Helpful Guy

• ... well... if i want to break up with them some time soon... why not?
    but if i want them and love them... i will take the high road... i will ignore they asses for a couple of days... so i have something to say.
    "how was your day"... AND
    "how was YOUR day"... doesn't do it for me anymore...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Talking, calling or texting is a process of understanding each other better and also care taking. It helps to built strong emotional bond and life became enjoyable. At least :How are you?" or "What are you doing now?" may be enough for busy day. Social and family talks increases intimacy and feelings of oneness.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• If not every day it's not S. O. anymore. Ok, I exaggerate a little. But just a litlle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I think if it's always 'hows your day' and boring, then it's going to always be boring. If you can talk to someone every day, without getting extremely bored it's better in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just about, if they piss me off or I piss them off sometimes its a text or two telling each other off haha. Or just an update or a hello or whatever, calls are better than texts

1|0
    0|0
  • When I'm with someone YES. Every day. Open and constant communication is necessary for a healthy relationship. (Unless you're both equally detached, but would that be healthy?)

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm with someone then yes we normally speak at least once a day.

0|0
    0|0
  • We talk on Skype a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because I don't have one. Never did and a good chance that I never will, since my field is mostly old white men.

0|0
    0|0
    • Awww... That's so sad. Maybe try online dating?

• Show All
    • That stinks... I had a similar experience with match. Guys rarely messaged me, and when I messaged them, they never responded.

• Well, race is a matter in dating online. Like white and Latino men get the most responses, while South Asian, Middle Eastern, East Asian and black men don't.

• There is no significant other.

0|0
    0|0
  • As much as possible yes

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had one, I'd want to every second she was awake! 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • speaking to your b/g friend just is a natural thing

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I don't have an SO

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I talk to my wife everyday. And I text with my mistresses daily as well.

0|0
    2|0

What Girls Said 21

• Yep I do, almost all the time if not super busy.

0|1
    1|0
  • Before we moved in together, it was everyday with texts and phone calls, now we see each other at home, he has called me on his breaks since I've been off for 4 days. and I have text him to pick something up from the store. I was just thinking though how much my texts are going to go down now since we live with each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • he lives with me, so i'd hope we talk lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I had one, yes I did. But it gets boring real fast after youve known almost everything there is to know about him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I talk to him whenever I can, even during class. Now I talk to him everyday as well, just because we live together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, but too much because he's buried in his thesis right now, he always makes time though :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to be in communication every day and if we are not living together, see each other at least 3 times a week

0|0
    0|0
  • At the very least a good morning text, a how's your day going, how was your day and then a goodnight text.

0|0
    0|0
  • Daily contact = I just can't = totally nightmarish = suffocating + smothering!!!

I NEVER contact people I date.
    I just reply and respond to them.
    I don't ever initiate anything with anyone.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, normally every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haven't talked to the guy I'm seeing for a couple days now. We're both on vacation and busy so it's not a huge deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, we share the same bed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once every 2 days usually. I miss his calls a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Text almost every hour and call every night. He hates it if I don't do those things...

0|0
    0|0
  • my SO yes... but if im just starting to talk to someone i generally talk to them every other

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, she lives with me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I can't go a day without talking to him. He's my rock ❤️

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep. Masterbate to or with em each day aswell

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. We always text several times a day. Nothing long but just a quick check in. Even when we see each other, we still text throughout the day.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's weird not to be in contact every day

0|0
    0|0