I just met him and I don't like him in that way. But I don't want to lose him as a friend. How do I mention I'm not interested?

So I recently moved to this new school and I met a guy who likes me a lot. He always flirts with me and complements me but I just respond nicely and change the subject but he goes on. He's super nice and caring but I don't want to date someone I just met or even date right now. How can I keep him as a friend and nothing else but still let him know I'm not interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• You just have to tell him the truth.

Explain to him that you aren't looking for a relationship but that you would value a friendship with him.

Beating around the bush is just going to raise the frustration level for the both of you and accomplish nothing. You might lose him as a friend if he decides that the only acceptable level for him is more than just friendship, but that is the reality of the situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Either tell him that you're interested in someone else, or directly mention to him that you're not attracted.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't know. He seems really interested, to the point where any sort of letdown might hurt him a lot. You're wedged tightly between a rock and a hard place, you may have to lose him as a friend eventually. Maybe try ignoring him and showing him you don't care for him so much?

• "sorry I am not attracted to you, but I like you as a person"?

• Just tell him you're not looking to date anyone. Or, if you are, just tell him you don't like him in that way. Or, lastly, don't say anything and just let him figure it out the hard way.

• You don't. Guys and girls can't be "just friends". Sorry

• You're wrong. I'm sure you expected someone to tell you that, but whatever, ur still wrong.

Nope, I'm right

• 13d

Well I have had many guy friends and trust me, there was not interest in-between me and them

What Girls Said 1

• You tell him that you can be friends and there will be never more. If he doesn't want to accept it move on.