Have you ever liked someone who wasn't "Your type"?

Basically this has happened to me, so I'm just kinda curious as to how many other people this has happened too.
And I know that like a lot of people have a sort of "specific" type of guy or girl they tend to date or like. For me, I'm a pretty traditional girl, and I tend to go for the "protective back woods, country boy" type.
But recently I just can't get my mind off a dude whose nothing like what I usually go after. He is a country boy, but instead of like fishing, he prefers to learn about computers, things like that.

Anyway, poll time, who else has this happened too?

• Yes I've had a crush on someone who wasn't my type
  • No this hasn't happened
  • Other (Please explain in opinions?)

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a lot of women who weren't my type initially except I found their face pretty. I used to be a face guy but was more into big boobs and slim waist.

Over the years I now like slim waist, small boobs -- go figure, but it changed because I grew so fond of some girls who originally weren't "my type". My "type" back then was mostly bullshit -- it was based on inexperience and just being saturated by images of women without actually dating any.

The one thing I found out the hard way is that I don't like chubby girls for sure. I did try to keep an open mind there but no thanks. I like slim and fit. But I even came to like black women, Hispanic women, Caucasian women, Asian women, etc. -- practically all ethnicities. I did not like them all originally, but through dating some of them, I kept expanding and expanding what I actually liked.

The only thing that narrowed is that I like small boobs and slim girls who are my age or younger. I'm not into older girls and not into chubby girls. That's about it. I learned what I didn't like for sure, but I kept being pleasantly surprised over the years about what I actually liked.

It's like trying food. You can't say in advance what type of food you like expect to list what foods you've tried and managed to like. Since that's a near-infinite variety of food out there, you'll never know. But you can come to figure out more easily what you absolutely hate (food that is too spicy, for example).

And that's what I learned. I just mostly learned what I don't like. Don't like chubby women and older women. Personality-wise, I don't like girls who just sit around all day missing me all the time without anything of their own to do. That's about it. Otherwise all kinds of girls could still interest me -- I don't know until I date them.

You can't say in advance what type of food you like expect [/except] to list what [...]
      Since that's [/there's] a near-infinite variety of food out there, you'll never know.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really know my type per se, but I've got a lot of guy friends who are mountain bikers (the ones I hang around with are definitely a certain type of person) and I vowed that I'd never like one, although I ended up having a massive crush on one :P

What Guys Said 11

• Well I had a crush on someone whom I thought wasn't my type, but then I realized that was my type.

So I voted B).

• Yes, cause slightly larger girls are funny and have cracking personalities.

• Yes I was crazy for about 2 years over a girl that at first glance I didn't find her attractive, but seemed like one day I just woke up and wanted to know her more. Despite her dropping me as a friend, I don't think I ever got over her. Maybe one day

• Well, I liked an actually chubby girl for her smile in her pictures, but sadly she hadn't smiled in real life, so I did get together with her

• I don't really have a "type," so yes.

• I personally don't believe in having a type. When feelings are there they are there and there's nothing you can do to control who you are attracted to. If you like this guy go for it and see where it takes you.

Well I do flirt with him relentlessly, But it's kinda complicated as to why I can't just "Go for it". He's a co-worker, and he's 6 years older than myself (me being 18, him being 24), so I'm still trying to sort of work out how he see's me, as for the most part I'm like the child at work because I'm both the youngest and one of the shortest there, and I don't wanna like make him feel weird or awkward if he see's me as a kid like most everyone else, you know?

• I've boned some really ugly women. Definitely not my type.

• If you like him/her, he/she is your type in a way.

• I don't have a type, why limit myself to a narrow pool of women?

• I don't like liking.

• Yeah all the time

What Girls Said 24

• The only two people I have ever dated weren't my type at all haha. For me, I can only be attracted to someone after meeting them. I could think their butt ugly in pictures but attractive in person or vice versa, I think it has something to do with the vibe they put off and their unique quirks and facial expressions.

• This has happened to me a LOT. It makes me think that maybe the only "type" I like is a human with a penis.

Never thought I'd date a black man--I did
    Never thought I'd ever be attracted to an Asian guy---I totally was
    Never thought I'd like a nerdy guy--sure did at one time

And the list goes on. You get what I mean.

• My boyfriend is actually not traditionally my type. I usually fall for alt guys. We like the same music, dress pretty similar, and tend to like similar things. However, this dork is square as can be, and REALLY likes female empowerment music and hate alt music. He also dresses incredibly preppy, and likes horror movies, which I can't stand (superhero movies I like) but I love him regardless

• Yes! Currently going insane for a guy I would NEVER even look at! My type is usually blonde with blue eyes or something. But my crush is bald, has green eyes and is Spanish... I've never been more annoyed.

Well see I have a thing for red haired but masculine looking dudes, and this guy DOES have red hair, BUT he's like short and very skinny lol, so I know how you feel

Oh I'm not sorry, it's just different, but I mean I get so happy when I see him, so isn't that what matters?

It does, but only if they feel the same way.

• My ex wasn't my type but our relationship lasted 3 years and a quarter. XD sure when you start loving someone, they become your ideal person.

• My boyfriend of 4 years is not my type at all. But it works for us. He's the complete opposite of me but that's what I like about him.

• I'm honestly not sure if I have. I go for the more "pretty boy" type of guy. Since to me they seem to have more stereotypically the type of facial features I find attractive on guys. Now that I think of it I actually had a crush on a friend before we became friends and he was not a pretty boy, he was adventurous and daring and just a cool guy to be around.

• Yes it was a crush

• I don't have a type.

• No

I have broad types of men I date and am used to certain commonalities.
    When those commonalities aren't there, I feel an instant disconnect.

• Yes and I lost interest eventually.

• I don't have a type

• I don't have a "type"...

• Yeah, this overweight guy. He was weirdly attractive, I liked his voice.

• Usually make the best relationships

• No, that's impossible.

• Yes, I liked that person so much that I started doubting this type thing.

• Yes I have

• I do not have a type. :)

• Only one of my crushes has been what I envisioned

• Yes all the time.

• No I would never have a crush on someone who I know is not my type. Maybe personality wise he wasn't my type but I didn't know. But physical wise, no way.

• I'm engaged to someone who isn't my type.

• Nah I've always been a nerd and douchebag magnet. didn't want many relationships for a long time. But recently found a keeper.. via- a well rounded sweet kinda nerdy hot sarcastic endearing smart*ss.🙃 we get along just fine. Im not techy but competative enough to keep things interesting