I keep attracting the same guy?

I fall under that stereotype. I was always overweight. My personality honestly was my best asset and it still is. I treat everyone accordingly. Now that I've lost weight. I've been told I gotten better looking. And my personality hasn't changed. Unfortunately I'll I attract now is men who are not my type whatsoever. Even though I have dated them and given them a chance. The chemistry Is not there. One guy said the reason I attract these guys is because I have low standards. As in I've never been full of myself and even now that I've lost weight. In still the same old me. Can this be why I keep attracting the same guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can appreciate your predicament, however the best advice I can give you, is to change your perspective a little. This doesn't mean you need to change who you are, in the sense that it sounds to me like you are a good person and very kind. What I am suggesting, is you are needing a little something more than what you have been getting in your dating relationships. Quite frankly even before you lost the weight, you were still wanting for more. This is not unreasonable, in the sense that it is a good thing that you want a more balanced sort of relationship, where your wants and needs are met too. To this end, if you feel that those same sorts of guys are not meeting your needs, learn to say no a little more. You don't have to be mean spirited about it, but you want a man who will value you for you and cherish what you have to offer. Raise your sights a little and don't settle for the same kinds of guys who let you down in the past. This is the development of a slightly higher standard, and why not you deserve it, you deserved it before, you just didn't feel like it so much because of your weight fears. Remember even if you put the weight back on (not saying you will) that you deserve more.

What Guys Said 9

• Most likely. You're selling yourself short because you don't think you deserve better. At the same time though, don't assume because you're attracting guys who you attracted when you were fat that they aren't worth the chance. After all people can change and improve. You did. Don't be an asshole but definitely work on your confidence and get out there and look for what YOU want. At the end of the day it is what YOU want that matters. Screw anyone who says otherwise.

• You should take some time and really think about the qualities you are looking for in a man. That will help you figure out what you are looking for and date the right men for you.

• Sounds reasonable to me.

• it's not going to happen over night, this will take time and effort to accomplish.

• The key to not attracting the same guy is to actually go up to the guys your attracted too duh. If you can only choose from the guys that approach you then the logically conclusion is too talk to the guy that you want.

• What is your type?

• I find Seth Rogen attractive. But I attract guys no where near like that.

• Yeah. We can't date.

• Probably because your aura appeals to same type of guys

• So you lost 20 pounds and expect Justin Timberlake to show up at your door? I think your expectations may be set too high. You're an over 30 fat lady. The wall has hit. Your standards may be going up, but your sexual market value is plummeting.

• I'm actually 24 lol

• And I find guys that look like Seth Rogan are attractive

• Then what's the problem? Fat dweebs aren't in short supply.

• what was your type before, and what is it now?

• I like the average Joe. Like Seth Rogan type.

• What did you like before you lost the weight

• I don't know, maybe the kind she's been saying. You know the Seth Rogan kind.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah I agree with him. Change your confidence level and get the man you want and not the man you think you can only attract 💪

• I think you should try different venues and then you'll be seeing different types of guys