Would you want a open relationship if that were an option?

I think it'd good to be in an open relationship so it wouldn't become dull after the initial start.

• Yes I think it's good to have freedom in the relationship
  • No I would want my partner to be commited to me
  • I'd want a commited relationship but I'm open to it
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• If sex getting dull is the reason why you would destroy a relationship then why have the relationship, clearly your priorities are on sex and sex alone nothing else matters. The point of being in a relationship is to grow together that means you do things together and you develop together. Same goes for sex. I think its strange that people are always talking about sex getting dull, I mean honestly if its his dick or another dick whats the difference? I mean other then him knowing what you like and don't like? Seems stupid to me.

This sounds more like the answer to the question I'm thinking to ask, which is, smth along the lines of, 'Is lack of sexual attraction to your partner an adequate reason to break up?' (assuming yr not asexual anyway, & there IS someone who you can be sexually attracted to, ofc) // 'is inadequate sex a reason to break up?' // other sort of sexual issues, like vanilla/kinky relationships, or, wide discrepancies in sex drive.

But, honestly, unsure of the relevance here. I'm just sayin'... what makes you think sexual issues are the reason one would pursue another relationship? Indeed, many people prefer dating polyamorously. And it ain't a Sex Thing. Not necessarily, anyway. I think you call *those* 'swingers'.

Also, I'm not a Dick Expert, but I'm p sure 1 dick can be differentiated from the other. uhh...

Kill yourself you worthless cunt.

@Alexzktrafied Don't really know how to respond to that, on the one hand I think you are probably a troll but on the other you could just have some serious emotional issues. Either way a faceless person insulting me bothers me even less then when a person I know insults me, that is to say not at all. Don't quite know why you would bother with the responses that you have, they seem a waste of time and energy.

Most Helpful Girl

• We are not designed to be monogamous, I think I would be open to it if there was communication and trust in the relationship. but I'm not that open minded I like being in a monogamous relationship.

What Guys Said 13

• In case my relationship is perfectly functional, I would have no need for anyone else in a romantic / sexual manner.

Although I do admit that if there IS a need to connect with someone else because the current relationship is dissatisfactory, then it seems odd to somehow look for only that element from someone else. It would mean that being devoted to either side is impossible, and that is just sad.

• It's the only way I do things, I at some point just asked myself why it would bother me if my partner were to cheat on me and couldn't think of a reason, so I decided to move past the impulsive "No, you're not supposed to do that" that I'd learned and became polyamorous, although I take it a step further and just don't even call things a relationship. There have been times when other people might have described me as "in a relationship" but I just didn't use the word because it brings rules that we may or may not want to follow. The way I do it everything is just about choice rather than "this is how you're supposed to behave if we use this phrase to describe ourselves"

• I mean, if you're going to have an open relationship and just go bang who ever, why have the relationship to begin with. Just treat the person you want to have that "Open Relationship" with like they were the "other" person you'd bang of you were already in one.

• Never! I am monogamous and an open relationship is against my very nature. I would choose to end the relationship rather than head down the open relationship route.

• Not open in the traditional sense, but regular FFMs and MFMs would be fine with the right people.

• That's one of a relationships (1) priorities is to keep things spiced up and defently interesting between you two. This way , your question would have never been born.

• Perhaps you don't feel jealous when the person you adore kisses someone else or something, but the rest of us definitely do.

I do feel jealous but how realistic is it to want a person to be with you for years without the person staying and cheating or getting out of it because it got boring

Mmm, I think your question was mostly about well after marriage. It's a bit far away for me, but then, when indeed one of us might get bored, hopefully I might trust my wife so much as to be okay with an open relationship.
      16 is probably the wrong age group to answer this lol.

Or just far enough into a relationship when it started to get serious and maybe it is but it's fine lol

• No way !

• i dont want an open relationship. i might as well have no relationship and just fuck other people.

• If I was serious about them, no.

• Open sexually or emotionally or both?

Both but I think it's good to have faith in the person you're with to still choose you at the end of the day when they have other options.

I would never agree to have an emotionally open relationship.

Sexually open is fine, as long as there are no repeats so there wouldn't be an emotional attachment, and it isn't with people they know (friends, co-workers). I would agree to be faithful and let my girlfriend/wife have sex with other people as much as she wants, and even help her dress up all sexy for her hook ups, then when she gets home, be kissing her butt and her feet while she tells me how much fun she had. Then make passionate love with her and cuddle with her while we go to sleep in each other's arms. I would want to be affectionate and loving with her, to make sure she knows I am committed to her each time after she hooks up with someone else.
      I would get emotionally attached to anyone I was intimate with, so I think it would be better if I stay exclusive to her, while my girlfriend/wife is the only one having sex with other people.

• I have a small penis, so an open relationship where the woman gets to sleep with other men is probably the only kind of relationship that would work, sadly. I'd rather stay single.

What Girls Said 14

• Relationship is usually term used for free sex. Nature has designed sex to produce babies to keep life ever lasting on Earth. Producing a baby is a great responsibility for both - mother and father. Any relationship in which sex is involved should be committed and both the partners should keep their faith in each other for future generation.

• I want 100% commitment. Otherwise it's not much of a relationship in my opinion.

• I couldn't do it if my SO felt like he wanted to have something different I will go put on a wig do myself up I'll be whoever he wants me to be.

• Nope! I don't want to be in an open relationship. I would drop him faster than he could blink.

• No that's just asking for someone to get hurt

• Nope , I wouldn't

• Can I answer I din t know?
    Honestly you can t know unless you re put in the situation

• No, I'm not in to that.

• No way... I would never be in an open relationship

• No thanks.

• Not my thing.

• Not my cup of tea!

• No never. I'm too jealous and possessive to share

• my brother and I had a pretty open relationship I continued to have lesbian sex with our cousin who was my secret girlfriend through college and when he struck out with girls I'd let him do me and sometimes my girlfriend when she was having a sleep over.