A guy constantly asks me to be in a swimming suit for dates?

Okay so I have been seeing this guy and the only thing he wants to do when we go out is be in a bathing suit. We have "hooked up" before so he's seen me naked, but i don't like being in front of a lot of people like that. Im confident in my body but I'm also very modest. Plus, a date in my opinion is getting dressed up and going to dinner, for drinks, a park. Something like that.

I keep on having to make up excuses- but should i just tell him the real reason? is it a turn off?
And why does he always want to be in a bathing suit? I've never been with someone like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have much to work with here so here goes...
    1. He's telling you all you need to know about him... You're a piece of meat.
    2. How many times did you guys do something other than have sex? (movies, laser tag, go carting... etc.)
    3. You should tell him the straight up truth...
    4. How long have you been dating?

We haven't had sex. We just hang out at his place, watch movies, talk a lot. 3x but he's asked about 4 other times. I've been pretty busy the past few weeks. We have been seeing eachother for 3 weeks.

Ok the you put "hooked up" people are going to assume you're fucking. But I think he likes you if he's willing to keep it vanilla. If it makes you uncomfortable let him know the next time you see him tell him out flat, (it weirds you out or whatever way it makes you feel).

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should play it off and "say whats up with you always wanting me in a bathing suit, its kinda creepy". Laugh after that, let him answer and see what he says. Ts way it docent seem to intense all of a sudden. Maybe you can redirect the conversation and tell him that it makes feel like uncomfortable and he makes you feel more like an object than a lady.
    Good luck love

What Guys Said 20

• I think he wants you always as naked as possible!! This wouldn't be most people's idea of a date, but I suppose. some clothing worn on dates isn't so different from 'as naked as possible'

• It depends on where you meet.
    On a beach, near a pool or a water park a swimming suit is 100% OK. In town it would be strange.

• Yes.. You should definitely communicate to him that you are uncomfortable with wearing a bathing suit. If he can't respect your feelings and wishes, he may not be a great partner for you.

Communication is key is any relationship.. Whether serious or casual.

• perhaps its his way of seeing if you really want him, by daring you to do something. maybe he wants to take you to a swimming "beach" or "pool" date.

Daring me? How would that mean I really want him? Lol

like if a guy asks a girl to do something simple for him, and she does, it will prove she will actually do things without him being rejected. he wants to see how far you will go for him.

• Deff a little strange! Normally id say he wants to check out your body but he's seen it! So he must just really like swimming haha

• I'd talk to him about the "why" and maybe make a deal that on occasions you'll wear a bathing suit for him but not for every date.
    It should not be you who always have to do the effort. Tell him which sorts of dates you love and than it's his turn to do an effort :D

• just tell him the truth.

• Hell... seems like he's objectifying you pretty badly.
    Maybe trying to show off what or who's he had sex with (you).

Seems kinda like a tool to me

• Maybe he just REALLY likes swimming? Lol.

• You should tell him you don't feel comfortable

• No, it's a HUGE turn off

What's a turn off?

well it might be to go swimming or something.. he said it would be an "adventure". but still, i dont feel comfortable just going everywhere in my bathing suit.

and that's the point. A girl should never feel uncomfortable around a guy who adores her

• just tell him how u feel

• well the occasional swimming date is understandable but when it happens all the time it's questionable.

• He wants to see your body lol. WHy are you making excuses aha. Not that big of a deal. Just directly ask him.

He's already seen it though? That's what I thought at first too.
      I feel like it's weird how modest I am haha I don't know. I don't really like saying it. I guess I just hoped he would stop asking

• Ok thats weird

• "Im a virgin"

• Thats strange

• I can't really give advice to a trump supporter

Really? Lol well good for you for remembering. I wouldn't have remembered a Clinton supporter.

• He wants to get a strong sniff of your butthole after you sit down

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• Apparently he gets excited by seeing your body, but indeed you need the proper clothes for every occasion. OK for swimming suit at the pool, the beach or at home. And yes, I think you should tell him that also like dinner, a walk, ... and that you are more than a sex object.

• he likes bathing suits

• you should say, "listen up you little bitch, it's not gonna happen" :)

• Maybe he wants to surprise you so you guys can go swimming?

• Tell him the truth, he might understand and stop asking you such weird stuff