Is it always true that if a guy likes you, he'll come after you or chase you?

• Yes
  • No
I'm so shocked by the answers. I grew up always being told men love a chase. They don't like a woman to chase them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not if it seems like the girl doesn't give a shit, lol

• >> I grew up always being told men love a chase. They don't like a woman to chase them.

They don't like being chased by women whom they're not attracted to, because they're creepy stalkers :P

• Ahh! Got it!

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy will chase you if he finds you attractive and you give him signals that you feel the same way about him too.
    If by "chasing" your referring to guys following you around like mad stalkers and never talk to you. Then I hate it when they do this. Rather than taking the easier option and just talking to you. They just over think it all and over complicate it for themselves, by doing stupid things like lurking around you, just stands next to you all the time pretending to look busy. 2 years later, when you've lost interest. That's when they come over to talk to you.

What Guys Said 30

• HELL NO!!!
    Girls make this mistake all the time and think that a guys will just come. He won't! There are many factors involved. Especially the girl's behavior. If she doesn't show him clearly she wants to be chased lots of guys won't chase her. And with clearly I mean "guy clear" which is a hell of lot more clear than "girl clear".

• If it were yes I'd be already in a serious relationship for years.

• Guys who are confident in themselves will try to ask out a girl they are interested in, or at least muster up the confidence to do so.

However, guys DO NOT want to chase after a woman for too long, as they will usually lose interest after a certain point. How would you personally feel you had to chase after a guy for so long, even after no progress has been made?

Which is why chasing is pointless in the first place. Shy guys normally do that. Its just stupidity.

• Making a guy chase you shows you're not interested in him. He'll go make his attempt at others who are more open to being advanced on.

• Yes and when I do. I pin her against the wall no escape. 67.media.tumblr.com/.../...0nhoNX1sscbueo1_500.gif

• why are you so shocked. nobody likes to be the patetic person to chase somebody who isn´t interested or intentionally mes it hard on them. if you really like somebody, you don´t want to chase. chasing is for playes... it´sjust a game for them to fuck and then get to the next one.

• No, some guys are afraid of rejection so they don't say anything. Some of those guys are just too passive to make good partners, but some of them are super nice and a great catch. So if you know a guy like that, just ask him out yourself.

• Maybe just come clean and tell the guy how you feel about him or at least make signs that you like him really clear.

• The more pathetic a guy, the more likely he is to do that. Any man worth his salt would not "chase."

• What if he is shy about showing interest to you.

• that depends on the type of guy (im type 2)
    yes, type 1 player, bad-boy, extrovert, alpha/sigma male.
    no, type 2 shy guy, introvert, beta/gamma male

• Nope. Relationships are two way deals. If you're not doing your end of things it could easily be a case of I think she's really interesting and attractive but she could never work in a relationship.

• Not all the time. I know if I like a girl but she doesn't seem interested or doesn't give a shit then I won't chase her.

• Hell, no! We have doubts and fear of rejection. We feel intimidated when we place you many leagues above ourselves. Plus we like to be chased/appreciated.

• Nope. Not at all. We may chase a while but eventually it comes to the point that we realize there's no point in it.

• Unless it gets to the point that it's too much work all the time or i think she's just doing it on purpose for attention.

• you know if a girl that i really like gets already a lot of attention from other guys or she is really close to some guy then i won't even think about approaching her.

• No. 😶

• Mosst guys including me hate chasing, especially because nothing usually comes from it. But if he does like you he will show some form of interest that's usually easily identifiable.

• I would prefer it if guys just spoke to me rather than wasting time with the chase.

@Shorty1991 And I'd prefer it if most girls didn't find that creepy. I'd rather be straightforward too.

• Yes to some degree, you can't forcefully make him chase you otherwise i'll just figure it out and find someone else

• Most guys hate a chase. If you make me chase you, I would already be dating someone else.

• Nope. Whenever a girl plays 'hard to get' with me I forget about them and move on. Seems immature to me, I'm not into playing mindless games.

• no classy guys don't do that...

• no women are cruel creatures so we want chase you intill we have money.

• sometimes he will just look at your profile pictures

• No not always

• Nope. If she tries to pull that shit on me, I hit her up whenever I want and say whatever I want. Granted, she's not showing much love so I put her in the friendzone. Litteraly hit her up with some stupid silly shit. Once they crack... It's game over loool. Thats how you play the game for all my bruddas. Crack em, it's game over after that

• Not really, some guys are too shy.

• Yes its true

• No. Lots of guys are afraid to approach.

What Girls Said 13

• That is so old-fashioned I wonder who told you that? Life's pressures are enormous. Work money keeping up information explosion etc. if men have to exert some degree of overexertion they will look at their right hand and say for now you are better than that female jerk. A girl should be expected to be mutually involved in a potential budding relationship.
    How can we say we want to be equal to the one female opportunity equal pay yet still say I want to be chased because that's the way it was in 1890.
    If I saw Dwayne Johnson walk into a bar ("The Rock) he would not have to chase me

• Not all the time and it depends on the guy. After all, everything boils down to choices, and being intentional. It also depends on his reasons. If its a simple crush, maybe. More than a crush, more and likely. But men isn't always going to chase a woman forever who doesn't want to be chased or be get caught by the guy. Girls can do the initiating as well. But its best that she is wise in her choices, because sadly a lot of women don't have an idea who is right for them. If it's all about his looks, forget it. I don't want to hear it. That's how you end up with hell in your life because you went for the looks meanwhile he has a sick and ugly personality and heart to boot. But if the girl is receptive, go for it. If the guy is receptive to you as the initiator, take a chance.

• Looking at the comments it doesn't seem like it is always true.

I think my boyfriend is a bit of a hypocrite on that one too:

Him when me and him were just friends: Don't chase after boys, let the boys chase after you. It's weird when girls chase after boys.

Him after he found out I liked him back as more than just a friend: How come you never said anything before? You should've said something sooner

• No, not at all. He may be shy, insecure, unsure, or just about anything.

If you like a guy, pursue him. If you like a girl, pursue her. That goes for everyone.

• Yea he will if he's deeply in love with u or he really likes u it depends on the person. some won't chase but it wouldn't mean he dislikes u. but dont mis treat him. if u two dating then its different u gotta b more specific

• It's not always true. Some guys are shy.

• That makes no sense at all. If they find a girl attractive, they find her attractive. Nothing more nothing less.

• In my case, yes.

• It's not always true, but some guys have been known to do this more often than not.

• well, actually he will stay around. I mean, they won't really chase you but they will find some way to be in touch with you

• If he likes you enough he will at least try. You can definitely screw it up though.

• Not always but in some cases they do. It's confusing sometimes to say at least wishing he'd just say directly what he wants

• Some will, some won't, depends on the guy