I feel like I'm different?

I'm surrounded by guys my age and all they really talk about is sex, yet I have no sexual desires or needs. I've never had a girlfriend, but I have turned down a couple girls because I just didn't want to be romantically involved. Is this normal? I don't think I'm gay either.

Most Helpful Girl

• You may be an aromantic asexual, someone who does not feel romantic or sexual desires. It is a normal thing. Google it. :)

• Thanks! I feel like that is what I am.

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with you and you're perfectly normal. Research the terms asexual and aromatic and you migh just find that you may identify as that.

• I just think that your too occupied with contemplating about other aspects of your life and your not really ready for committing yourself to any relationships yet. Your probably not the type that would get kicks out of sleeping around either. Many people go through life being single because they don't feel like they need someone else to complete them. Dont worry, its normal. Your still very young too, being under 18 years old. You've got plenty of time yet. I'm going on 25 this year and I've never had a boyfriend. I just haven't found anyone worth getting into a relationship with yet.

What Guys Said 2

• it will happen when your balls drop dude. no worries, puberty will hit soon.

• Maybe a late bloomer, or your hormones haven't kicked in