Girls, why are so many women hesitant to date younger men?

I don't know if it's just the women on this site or also women in real life but to me it seems virtually every women dislikes or won't date a guy younger. Are my options limited specifically because of my age?

29

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're taught from a young age that boys their age are stupid, smelly and immature, and older guys are smart, can teach them things, are experienced and can take care of them.
    In reality, a guy is just who he is. Idiots will always be idiots, real men will always be real men, age has no bearing on that.

• Thank you for such a sensible answer. I'm getting tired of a lot of women thinking every man in the universe my age is an immature brat. That's not very mature on their part either.

• You know, ageism is a thing. It's always rubbed me the wrong way that it's so open and is "ok" to say things about. It's always about younger and older people. We can help our age as much as we can help the hair or skin we're born with. If you're a cool person, you're a cool person and that's it.
      I've actually seen younger guys get turned down solely for their age. The girl agrees he's a great guy, and in some cases was into him before she found out his age, so it's stupid. You're right it is quite immature too.
      Really though, just see it as it isn't a loss for you. It really isn't. Would you want to be with somebody who thinks they're superior in some way just because their parents once had sex before yours did.

• I've been turned down solely for my age too. I'm left confused to how I was such this amazing guy then all of a sudden I'm not this amazing guy anymore because I'm younger than expected. I agree though I shouldn't see it as a loss. They'll always be someone who'll except what you are.

What Girls Said 28

• Many women have their personal opinions and failed experiences with younger men. Despite what you may like. The majority of younger men would not want to date older women for there personal reasons or their selfish reasons. A lot of times I find out that it has to do with youth, maturity, illness, low libido if possible/menopause, experience, already have kids, etc. So before you go looking at the women, you need to ask this question to guys as to why younger men are less inclined to date older women. Then come back to ask this question.

• Uh what are you talking about? Men are more flexible about age when it comes to dating from my personal experience. I see men who would give an older woman a chance all the time. Second how am I supposed to know what the issue is with women and younger men? I asked this question to get answers not talk shit about you for whatever reason, also if you're curious about younger men giving older women a chance then you can go ask that question in the guy's behavior section and get answers yourself. I don't date younger men so I obviously don't know what the issue is.

• @Asker That's the best and wises decision to make, always. You don't want to settle for somebody who just wants to pity you. That is disrespect. You want somebody who respects you and your boundaries. If they can't, move on.

• Oh yeah I know that, I just realized I accidentally put a question mark at the end of the sentence haha, but either way you're right though.

• I'm gonna be completely honest,, I don't really like dating younger men.
    It is probably a mental block at this point, but I'll take his advances less seriously.

I have seen way too many young guys just try to chase the puss puss so it doesn't look like many are interested in a serious LTR. Many young ladies are no different, I'd agree. But I'm not dating women.

I'm not completely against it, but definitely less likely the more years he is younger. The youngest I'd date is 22 though. Maybe 21 if he was awesome and mature and ready for a bitch like me haha.

• That's understandable I guess I realize why most women don't like dating younger men. I still think a lot of women are over exaggerating but I understand where they're coming from. Why you say ready for a bitch like you? Are you fiesty? Lol

• In this situation, "most women" does fit the circumstances. Maturity is one of the largest reasons we don't often set our sights on younger men. We remember what boys were like at *that* age growing up and desire a man that has moved beyond that mentality or even further. There are exceptions here or there of course but they are too few and far in between.

Depending on how much older the girl is, she's probably ready for the next stage of her life, while typically a younger guy is likely not and probably won't be for many years to come. It's a big risk for her because your lives sooner or later are going to start moving forward but probably not in the same direction. Then all this time and feelings are spent on a relationship that's not going to go anywhere.

• "Maturity" so far this has been by a landslide the most frequent term to show up. So... are younger men really that immature? Like... what can I do? I can't control a woman rejecting me for my age but is there a certain demographic of women I should be targeting or is this all about waiting for the right woman to appear?

• Ironically, my last serious crush was your age or a year older I think. So that's why I can give you an honest answer on this. He truly is everything I want but our age difference was the main reason I held back. Normally I'm instantly turned off to guys who I are younger than me but he was different, very different. So it's possible, just not likely.

I think if you can successfully set yourself apart through mature behaviors you could get an older woman to let her guard down with you. It's just going to take more time to convince her.

• I understand completely. I've found myself very attracted to women your age a few times but I never asked any of them out because I honestly believed I had no chance. I'm aware most women like a guy with confidence but I highly doubt that any confidence I had would of landed me a woman your age. I still needed to prove to her I'm mature, responsible, intelligent, open minded etc. Although I do like how you explained things and I agree that if I would of kept pursing instead of assuming rejection it's possible anything could of happened. To be honest I'm not 100% sure what's attracting me to older women. I believe it's because they're more assertive, intellectual, open minded and just know what they want. They're also easier to talk to, coincidentally I attract them more than younger women so I guess I don't have much to complain lol.

• I look younger than what I am and I literally have no problem dating younger. I get hit on by young guys all the time.

• I'd feel like a mom. That's my very first thought that came to my head.

• So you feel a younger man will just keep making bad decisions where you have to keep reminding him not to do it again?

• I second that

• Where did I say he'd make bad decision? I meant that by AGE wise that I'd feel he wouldn't be on my level, or have similar life experiences.

• One of the most common phrases I've heard regarding this issue is "girls mature quickly, but boys will be men (maturity-wise) only after they turn 20 something"and then some people (normally women) just say "boys never really grow up"
    This preconception, sometimes turns out to be wrong, and others it turns out to be right.
    Maybe due to the classic social conventionthat dictates that women should search for a man who protects them, one could arrive to the conclusion that older, more "mature" guys are a better choice. Especially because it promises a more stable relationship and blah blah blah.
    Being a girl on her late teens, I can tell you this thing: the girls who like older guys are usually (but not always) attracted to men who look like they have more control over their lives and who will soon be working and living independently. It makes these girls feel even better if some one so fantastic pays them attention. They even feel more mature themselves, thus more attractive.

Still. It's a thing of taste. Some like 'em mature, others like the childish tipe, and even some of us feel attracted to guys who could be our dads.

It's normal but it isn't the norm. And well, in a couple of years you'll be older... so you can test it out yourself!

• I love younger dudes, every guy I've ever had a thing with was either my age or a year younger than me lol.

• Because I feel like guys my age are immature enough... so turning around and being in a relationship with one that's even younger than me just sounds terrible. Plus since I'm 20 there's only so much younger I could go anyway, even if I wanted to.
    (Side note before all the blue downvotes come in, I know girls can be immature too)

• Well personally I wouldn't as I feel they're more immature. But that's nothing against any of them. Maybe they're not. Just the men I've came across

• I don't know it just confuses me. It's like women forget older men can be immature too and immaturity is exclusively a young man thing. It's a human thing.

• I agree. It'd just a stereotype for younger men. Doesn't help I have younger brothers who've put me off

• I could understand.

• Because they know that many men are so hesitant to date older women :P it's a circle!

• Depends on how young. I'd have no problem dating a guy a year or two younger than me.

I think most it's because of maturity. Women usually mature earlier than men.

• I know for a fact women aren't that much mature, a lot of these girls think they're more mature by like 20 years or something.

• Depends on what age group you're referring to. I was mostly talking about teenagers, but some men in their 20s can be immature too.

• For me I don't have problem with age but if He's younger I would fear He would be too immature, that's my only fear... LOL! Can't believe I said immature hahahaha said the "grown up" lol XD

• I couldn't do it if I was to do it the youngest I would date would be someone a year younger. Whenever someone younger try's to ask me out I'm just like "awe your just a baby" however not all girls are like that don't give up.

• I will date younger men but not for the purposes of a relationship. I date younger men for sex only.

• At your age how young would you go down?

• What are you horny all day?

• I'm horny 24/7/365(6). I can get up from a train and go for another on the way home then want more when I get home. I have never been sexually satisfied.

• Well, at my current age I really can't go much younger but I certainly would date a younger guy in the future as long as he's legal.

• Yes , because they feel insecure knowing that he's still young , he'd change his mind oneday , his friend would be saying offensive comments.. etc

• I wouldn't mind. I see some people here are saying that younger men are immature, but then you're also immature compared to older men...

• I just think a lot of women are being hypocritical about this subject to be honest. Though I'll agree that an older man will typically have me beat in maturity, although not all of them will.

• No, what I meant was women who want to date older men are also immature compared to older men, so yes, it's a very hypocritical mindset.

• I was actually thinking about something else that was hypocritical, but I like your statement too.

• Because they're immature.

• I highly doubt every young man in the world is immature.

• all the guys I've ever spoken to are idiots and can only joke around too much. I like a serious man.

• they're usually skinny which i don't like.

• Stigma

• So you're saying being with a younger man will make you get frowned upon?

• No, actually i dont. Youd think so, eh?

• Yes I really did. So it's frowned upon in your community but you're not from a traditional background haha.

• immature fuckboys

• So is every young man like that then? You would never know for sure.

• Because they're immature

• How so? You and every other woman said the same thing.

• I just feel that a guy older than me is more masculine... I'm not completely sure why ☺️

• Well... he can be.

• I don't know... Sorry xx

• Because most young men aren't mature yet. And I don't know it just doesn't seem good to me, dating younger men. Unless he's a few mths younger than me then its alright.

• I think a lot of you overexaggerate a younger man's immaturity.

• Well not every women is the same.

• Exactly. Neither is every man.

• Honestly, I'm more hesitatant because I look younger than I am so he would assume I'm his age then would be shocked to find out that I'm older and I would feel embarrassed / ashamed / not worthy. However, there is also the issue of being at different stages of your life... I've finished uni and have been working for a few years now so if it was a guy who was still at uni or living like a student I wouldn't be interested as I would feel he would be too young for me in terms of wants, needs etc. And obviously if he looks younger then it's a no. lol

• Yeah, I guess I could understand that. I feel like there's more to it though, do you feel like you'd have to be the leader of the relationship? I'm starting to learn most women are put off by being the leader in the relationship and they feel with a younger man they might have to do that.

• Not necessarily true, but: I'd have the feeling I needed to play the leading role within the relationship and... well... I am not their mother ;P

But I think the older you get, the more irrelevant age gets! (Also I do know a lot of women, who would have no problem with dating younger men.)

• I'm beginning to notice this. It does seem as woman (men too but really women) age more, they're not as picky with age, what I also noticed is, women in my age bracket chase older guys, I feel like my 2 options are either chase a women fresh out of high school or a cougar.

• :D Not necessarily. I am sure you'll find a girl, who likes you closer to your own age group. You seem to prefer girls who are a bit older than you though?

• "You seem to prefer girls who are a bit older than you though" kinda hehe.

• I'll be 20 next month, I would date someone a year younger, but not more than that.

Guys my age tend to be immature, but even younger, equals even more immature. I've also noticed that guys around my age and younger prioritize sex and socializing above a meaningful relationship. They'll become infatuated with a girl, decide they wanna be with her SO BAD, get bored pretty fast because the excitement is gone and some other attractive girl comes along and they'll either cheat or break up to go fuck the new girl. I've seen it happen a lot, it hasn't happened to me but I've experienced something similar. I've had guys who break up with their girlfriends of 6 months or more because they met me last Tuesday and are so totally in love with me or want to fuck me.

Older guys cheat or do stupid shit too because hey all humans are well human, but it's more common with young guys. In my experience, teenage boys are worse than teenage girls.

• I won't argue and say that you don't have a point. Yes younger men are more likely to do this but so are younger women. I've seen A LOT of younger women doing ONS and just looking for that "spark" instead of compatibility to add with the spark. We both do a lot of stupid shit it's just the price we pay for being young.

• I didn't say young women don't do these things.

• Because girls mature quicker

• I see a bunch of immature women too. I honestly don't believe women are that much more mature than men. It's more of an individual thing.