If you were in love with someone would you bother dating them or just move on-you know bc its awkward to START dating when in love?

I've known this guy for a few years. we've been friends for part of the time. he's been mad at me for part f the time (long story but i kind of rejected him bc i was going through an aversion to dating phase but i never explained it to him so he just thought i was jerking him around) now we are friends again and we have been sending time together one on one and it feels like we are or are about to start dating. his behavior towards me is again reminiscent of the way it was when he first showed interest in dating years ago.

diference is i am now TOO interested in dating. however problem is over the time my feelings have gone from luke warm to very warm may hot, a general increase. his have wavered back and forth due to anger and confusion and my keeping very distant. so i'm quite sure he can't feel as deeply as i do.

so I don't know if i should date him bc i'm in love and i think it'd suck dating hm with my being in love and him liking me. id feel like i have to hide it and not feel too much, but i've spent so much time controlling my feelings and keeping distant that i'm just tired of being fake. i don't know if its worth it being with him even though i'm in love, if i have to hide bc it wouldn't be 'me'. i think despite my feelings, it'd almost be better to start fresh and date someone i just 'like' who just likes me. then wed be fairly even and i wouldn't have so much pressure having over me.

any suggestions, what would you do if you were me?

and if you were him, would you rather me move on or date you even if i'm already in love?

• If were you id move on and start over clean slate.
  • If i were him even if i wanted to date you, id rather you move on if you were in love. too complicated.
  • If i were you id give it a try. try dating see how it goes before making any major decisions. you can at least try.
  • If i were him, id want you to give it a try. try dating see how it goes before making any major decisions. you can at least try.
  • If i were you, given the amount of time and apparent complication, i'd actually just speak honestly with him about it. yes, he might freak , but then you have your answer and you don't need to guess, or hide, or worry you made the wrong choice.
  • If i were him, given the amount of time and apparent complication, i'd actually prefer you just speak honestly with me about it. yes, I might freak , but then you have your answer and you dont need to guess, or hide, or worry you made the wrong choice.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd marry him

What Guys Said 2

• You're all over the place, op. Calm yo tits and put down the crazy.

its called thinking.

which leads to decision making.

chaos-crazy is when you dont confront things. not when you do.

yeah true its just been a long time and i guess i just kind of want to get things over wit. which isn't necessarily a good way to go. thats just the main drive atm.

since we already hang out i'd still have to say something otherwise hell just think im hanging out as a friend. and, if i say i want to date that might call up crap from before. so in ways its easier to just talk to him. but i really wanted to just start over by action not by speaking. i just dont feel like its working.

anyhow thanks.

What Girls Said 0