Why do I get so much crap for not wanting to do girly things? Will guys not find me attractive because of this?

So i'm a 18 year old , tall girl and i get a lot of crap for being into video games , watching wrestling. Not doing the typical thing like shopping and going to getting my nails done. I enjoy playing sports and just horsing around probably because growing up with brothers i was used to it but why do i get so much crap for not wanting to girly things?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you just don't know the right guys!! I like women that are being 'equals' and trying things that aren't 'girl things'!!
    Ever shot guns? That's my go-to with a woman that wants to be more than just a 'little girl'!!
    I LOVE it, when she says she wants to shoot something BIGGER than the little.22s I start her with!!
    As a woman, I think that YOU need to decide who you want to HEAR!! There will always be haters, or people of both genders saying you can't or shouldn't being a 'Lady'.
    What if being a 'Lady' is different now, at least to some of us guys?
    For me, a 'Lady' can shoot guns, and hit targets!! She can wear what she likes, and get dirty, maybe wanting to know how to change the oil in her car! She does what she wants, and likes, and doesn't care about the OLD social stigmas that are just past BS!!
    But she can also clean up, nicely, and wear a really elegant dress to a wedding, or some social event!!
    You are only bound by your fear of challenging the OLD NORMS!! They are fading, and now is when you can be everything you want to be!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares what others say or think? just be yourself, don't go changing to get guys or girls or friends or anyone. Be true to yourself and surround yourself with people that respect you for who you are and your individuality and eventually, the right person will come along and like you for you.

• Don't pander

• @Dave20154 you clearly have none of your own thoughts and nothing to contribute here to help this girl, so do her a favor and buzz off.

• U are kind of pandering. I can practically see you in a feel-good ad right now.

What Guys Said 17

• Because the people who give you crap for it feel like their past decisions are invalidated and their identity is being attacked by the fact that you weren't forced to do the same things they *felt* forced into.

• Who is giving you crap? You sound like a lot of fun, low maintenance, easy to be around. Lots of guys would be thrilled to have a girl like you.

• Well. Guys are attracted to women. You just said don't act much like a woman. What do you think the answer is?

Nothing wrong with being an individual of course, but yea, a lot of guys won't have romantic interest in you if you act like too much like a guy.

• it depends on the individual stay yourself because some people will accept you for who you are and some won't.

• Guys and girls are both competitive in their own way. If you make the guy feel lesser than you physically then he'd probably feel lesser about himself in general, this is him being insecure and naturally as a guy he'd feel the need to protect you and make you feel safe, whereas if you can beat him, what do you need him for?

• calm down chica.. a lot of us guys LOVE girls like you and not the douchy types either.
    be your own goddamn self if you want to, if people can't see you for what you are, stop wasting your life with'em i say, they drag you down and turn you into something you don't wanna be so don't worry about shit.

• You're the dream girl for a whole LOT of guys. Don't sweat it.

• You are good... there is nothing wrong what you are doing just be yourself..

• Lots of guys like a girl like yourself. I think you would be fun to be around.

• Who cares? Most guys probably won't. I definitely wouldn't mind if a girl played games, sports I couldn't care less, don't watch any personally.
    If she acts like a tomboy personality wise and lets say has a ton of guy friends... Eh...

• hell no, loads of guys are into tomboys

• Hey, personally I find girls who are (legit) into video games awesome, be it as friends or potential partners.

• Do what you want, if he really loved you, he'd respect you for who you are

• Everyone had their type. A lot of guys like tomboys.

• don't mind the crap. it's crap. probably from crappy people

• don't mind the crappy people

• Dont mind them. Do your thing

• Because I don't want to date myself. If I wanted to do that, I'd be married by now

• Don't listen to @mydnite, she's pandering

What Girls Said 2

• I actually believe the opposite; guys find it MORE difficult to like super "girly" women in today's day and age, probably because they don't connect to them at all. Take me for instance, my main hobbies are the stereo-typically feminine fashion and makeup. Whenever I'm attracted to a guy I notice he's more likely to have a thing for a girl who has more in common with him, such as enjoying sports. It makes it hard for people like me who have niche hobbies to connect with someone. Of course this is only my experience and I don't mean to invalidate yours, it's just that girls like you are perhaps more common than the "girly" ones where i'm from.

• Any dude that gives a chick crap for playing a video is an idiot.

Maybe the dudes want to go with you if you did girly things? I honestly have no idea. :D