Is online dating a waste of time if you're ugly looking?

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems to be a waste of time for those who are good looking too. I know lots of good looking males and females, and they've faced many rejections on dating sites.

If a person has low self-esteem, then a dating site is the wrong place to look for love. Rejection can make a person feel unwanted and unlovable which can make them feel worthless. People face more rejections via the internet than t"hey do in real life. You have to be" thick-skinned to be able to look for love online

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating is generally a waste of time for men who aren't in the realm of Brad Pitt looks.

Its because it disrupts the actual sexual market. Girls in online dating get approached a whole lot more due to the fact that all those guys out there who wouldn't dare to even look at a girl can find their balls behind a screen. Thus due to their inbox getting flooded girls start increasing their standards to a level that is beyond what they would usually go for.

So my advice: Grow balls and approach girls in the actual world face-to-face.

• Or to make it extra clear: Supply and demand. Girls control the supply and in online dating the demand is drastically higher for various reasons.

What Girls Said 6

• If you mean tinder by "online dating" it probably is lmao

• No. I have a ugly cousin who started online dating and he's now engaged to a beautiful women. Good luck!

• I think it depends on if you have a unique profile

• also if you don't try to go for girls out of your league, and are decent at carrying on a conversation with someone you don't know

• I don't know really
    I hate online dating but it seems like my crush is online lol

• I know less attractive people who met each other online. I think it's a waste if you're under 24 or so, though. Plenty of places to meet in real life before that.

• No. Online dating is for ugly people who can't find partners in real life. So you're fine.

What Guys Said 10

• Harsh but probably so, unless you want to go off digging through the bottom of the barrel and still face some rejections. But you can improve your appearance considerably by working out, focus on fashion, etc. That'll help first impressions and boost sex appeal no matter what you do.

As for the best girlfriends, often networking is a lot more effective. If you can work your social skills and start building up a large group of friends, you'll have a lot of girls to choose from who might get to know you a little better than a few pics and a personality description.

Even then it helps to focus on your appearance though -- fashion, hairstyle, physique.

• Hold up.. how do you knowbyour ugly!! And i will say this online dsting isn't for people who are pretty or ugly its for people who want to date or better yet a easuer way for them to find a date, hinestly i feel like everyone is good looking in there own way no matter what!!

• Because i never get comments on instagram from people and whenever i'm comparing myself to other guys out there i find that some get comments every time they post a selfie of themselves while i get none. Also i'm using an dating app called okqupid (In which i never talk with girls on) I only wait for girls to message me which happened like 2 times last year. I downloaded tinder but are only able to get 3 matches in 1 week (gave up using it after. Notice. People have never told me face to face that i'm ugly. Only on internet. But based on what i've mentioned i think it's safe to say i'm ugly.

• Hey I've been on all of those sights and have not gotten the time or day from any females, but when in public total different story maybe online dating isn't for you also i dont use any social media at all becouse there are a lot of nice looking people on there and if your on their then you will be conpared to everyone esle on there just saying so again i dont think your ugly i just think the internet might not be the best choice for you to get girls i mean all that stuff didn't work for me..

• From personal experience, yes, I think it is a waste of time.

• Yeah, pretty much.

• For men, online dating is pointless if you don't already have women throwing themselves at you in real life.

• if you dont get any responses, yes

• I guess the what people are saying about there being someone for everyone is false then.

• then*

• yes, thats only what most girls only say tho because they can easily get someone when they want, so they think its the same for guys.

• If you're ugly and you're broke. If you're ugly make money and you'll have plenty of women

• You're under 18 so you shouldn't be on it anyhow.

• I think so since its all about photogenic people

• Yeah