What are some of the disadvantages of a 21 year old girl dating a guy who's 8-10 years older than her?

0|0
7|19

Most Helpful Guy

• The younger woman has a lack of experience compared to the older man, the older man has way more vast and varied experienced to draw from. Which can lead to clashing idea's because have yet to deal with what he's dealt with and so on and so forth.

You're completely from different decades and in different stages o life.

To him being much older you may seem immature or even childish.

To name a few things.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• The biggest disadvantage is that the guy has a lot more experience and may use that to take advantage of a young woman. He may make false promises, and she may believe them because less she doesn't have much practice detecting BS. Family used to protect young women from predatory men but it's a lot harder when young women are living away from home. Or sometimes older guys dating younger women because women their own age view them as immature.

A 21-year-old being courted by a 31-year-old should keep her eyes wide open and not rush into marriage and pregnancy. That 31-year-old who seems so sophisticated compared to the 21-year-old guys often turns out to be stuck somewhere around 25.

3|1
    0|0
  • You're there primarily for sex with that age difference, that is for sure.

1|6
    2|0
  • Mainly experience things that can cause some disagreements in your world views. If you find a way to deal with it though, it's fine, I don't see many problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much everything

You are in completely different decades in life and life stages. Your 21 not 30

1|2
    0|1
  • It really comes down to you and the differences between you two. If your willing to date, then you obviously don't care much about negative comments from friends and family. The only awkward times are being around each other's family and friends and sticking out because of the age difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • well the biggest reason is: that huge difference in life experience is pretty severe. a 70 yo woman and a 80 yo man is fine. life experience gains slower and slower, pretty much negative exponentially. though if you´re just 20 and he´s 30 it´s pretty much like him dating a child. it could work for some time but you´ll soon relaize, that the gap is too big and it won´t work in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
  • ED in 10-15 years just as you are in your prime.

Keep him in good cardiovascular shape and you should be fine.

0|0
    0|1
  • He may be at that stage where he wants to settle down; marriage, kids etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dating younger women means you'll have to deal with their inexperience since they haven't been around as long as you. It can be a little annoying.

Dating younger made me realise that somethings really do just come with age, like wisdom lol

0|0
    0|0
  • a bigger dick, a more mature attitude which means not being prone to accept mind games, a bigger income

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Being older doesn't mean you have a bigger dick. If anything it goes downhill with reduced circulation.

• 3mo

@tyber1 i meant *him being a bigger dick
      in a good sense

• None, really. That's how it's supposed to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • IDFK! Ugh a trainer i know is 35, & his Wife is 25 ! No difference! Either way your gonna get slammed, swallow his cum, an might get Krispy Kreme Icing across your face !

0|0
    0|0
  • Her friends will make fun of her. That's the only disadvantage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, the law for one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely nothing. You only live once! Enjoy your life!

0|0
    0|0
  • When you hit your sexual prime, he may be deep into his sexual decline.

0|0
    0|0
  • Might have different interests, hard to relate to where you're at in life vs where he's at, different issues you're each facing

0|0
    0|0
  • What? so you're thinking of dating a 13 year old?

0|0
    1|2

What Girls Said 7

• I can't think of any. Unless you get married and he gets older a lot quicker than you. For example you want 3 kids, he doesn't want any. Or you are really active but he is always tired to do anything. Maybe his friends are all old too. That wouldn't be too cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Life experience

Most people in their early 20s are still in school and figuring themselves out
    While he is at an age where he's working and most likely knows what he wants

When you reach the age where you understand yourself better, things will most likely come to a head

It's not like a couple who is 30 and 40 where there is not much mental difference

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was 21 I dated a guy who was 15 years older than me. Disadvantages were, people looked at us weird sometimes or we got some disapproval. I also wasn't about to tell my parents. It didn't last long

0|1
    0|0
  • He can take advantage of you and make you "grow up" too fast. Like getting marry early and having kids. That one issue I see because how would you two have anything in common, if he likes the things you like (certain things). I would question that.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

Or make you change yourself without realizing it and etc and people would look at the relationship and think you just using him for money.

• Show All
    • 3mo

I agree with that. Care should definitely be taken. There are definitely some guys out there who just use young girls to get laid and promise them relationships and whatnot just to drop them like a hot potato.

• 3mo

@FakeName123 Or abuse them or make them settle too fast and then change their mind or they just immature shits.

• He's probably just manipulating you because you're less experienced and more emotionally vulnerable than women his own age. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • There tends to be more of a power dynamic when the age gap gets bigger. He'll likely want to have more control over your decisions and personality.

Differences in interests and lifestyle. He may try to push you to give up things you still enjoy.

He won't hang out with your friends and you may find his boring.

He may already have kids you're not ready to raise or want to have them before you're quite ready.

It may turn out the reason he's into much younger women is that he's actually immature on a personal level.

He may be using your naievity to delude you and get away with more bad behavior.

2|1
    0|0
  • You are there for sex

0|1
    1|0