How would you feel if your significant other didn't tell others about you?

My long distance boyfriend was eager to tell everybody about me. He told his parents, friends, had it on social media, etc. When his nephews would ask who he's on the phone with, he'd happily say his girlfriend. I never told my family. I'd tell my friends when the topic came up but I'd never say who. He been told me he wanted me to tell my mom so he didn't feel like a secret but I never did. I was reluctant to tell people because it's long distance, we never met and I wanted to wait until we got in person and see how it was going to be to announce I'm in a relationship

What Guys Said 1

• That's just weird.

But I've done it once. And man did I regret it lol

What Girls Said 2

• Bit paranoid why they would and if they were ashamed/embarrassed of me

• I can understand why he'd want you to tell your family , because he has. It shows he's serious about you and has faith that the relationship to last.

I can also understand why you haven't told your family though. It doesn't mean you don't care about him or don't expect the relationship to last.. it just means you are apprehensive about telling them because you aren't ready to yet. Tell them when you feel comfortable to talk about it with them. Some people are more forthcoming and open with their family anyway. It doesn't mean you care less, because he's told his family before you have. The important thing is that you do eventually tell them. I wouldn't tell my family either until I'd met up with him in person