Dating Someone You're Not Physically Attracted To?

So i've been talking to this guy online for about a month and we get along great. We talk about everything between random conversations to deep conversations. we have a lot in common (not everything but enough). i can't lie and say i haven't thought of being more than friends but we only talk online. we hung out about a week ago but it was super awkward. he seems like one of those shy awkward types but then talks a lot when you get to know them types. well he recently started hinting that he likes me but im not attracted to him physically. like, he has a really big nose and because im shorter i can look right up it, he has nice full lips but when he smiles they flatten and look weird, and his voice is not as low as i would like. i don't know if its rude to think this way or not because he's a really sweet, kind, understanding, and caring guy. i don't know how many guys i will meet like him. i just don't want to end up using him for the attention im not used to getting or end up hurting him and wasting his time. what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's rude to think that. You can't help who you are attracted to, although I think you can learn to find a person attractive if you love their personality. Maybe try and get to know him better first and see what happens, but even if after getting to know him, there is still no spark, I don't think it would be fair to lead him on. He sounds like a great guy, whether or not he continues to be a friend or something more.

What Guys Said 2

• He could always get a nose job. Would that help?

• There's no pint in that.. It's obviously not gonna work out

What Girls Said 4

• Well you need to make that clear to him in case he takes it the wrong way

• Don't date anyone you aren't attracted to.

• I say split it, the same thing happened to me, I ended up breaking it off with him. I didn't say why, you don't have to say why, just make an excuse. It'll be relieving in the long run.

• I couldn't date a guy who I wasn't physically attracted to.

His appearance initially attracts me, but his personality determines if I continue to date him or not.