Desperately need advice. Can someone please help?

I've been talking to this guy for 6 months and we got to hang out for the first time on July 14. A few days before we hung out he told me "I'm starting to think I love you" then when we hung out he kept hugging me, he held my hand, kissed my cheek, and even mentioned how he had been single for a year and asked me "Are you gonna change that?" I said "I hope so" and he smiled and said "I hope so too"
But I was really shy and quiet when we hung out and I think it came off as me not liking him :( He kept asking me "Are you ok?" And I said "Yeah. You don't think so?" And he looked down and said "No" And then every time he tried to stare into my eyes I would look away :(
I did that because I was kind of afraid of getting close to him because it would hurt if he were to decide he didn't like me, but ironically I think me acting that way actually caused what I was trying to prevent.
Then he texted me a few hours after we hung out saying "Hey" but I was asleep so texted him 2 hours later saying "Hey" but I got no response even though he was active on Facebook. I texted him the next morning basically apologizing for being so shy, and that I didn't want him thinking I didn't like him, because I really do like him. I never got a response. I texted him "Hey" 4 days later and, once again, no response, so I left it at that.
I haven't heard from him in almost a month but he still likes my pictures on Facebook. A week ago I shared a picture that said "If I lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?" and he liked it.. I went on a date last night with another guy, but the entire time all I could think about was the guy that I really like. My date actually only wanted one thing, and I did not give it to him, but it made me realize just how much my heart is with the guy I really like. I haven't heard from him in almost a month, but I know we had a connection in those 6 months, So what can I do? Should I wait to see if he comes back, or should I just move on already?

What Guys Said 1

• My guess is he thought you weren't interested at all, sometimes sending just one word replies means you're not interested, he probably thought that and moved on. If you really want him you're gonna have to let him know, cuz he thinks you don't want him

What Girls Said 1

• He assumed that you were not genuinely interested and you were playing games. Maybe you should try explaining to him how you felt.