Boyfriend wants to meet my mom but I think it's too soon. How should I react?

Hello people I really need help.
I have been dating this guy for a month and he is very sweet and kind and I like him a lot in general and we had sex for first time a few days ago and he also changed his relationship status on facebook (he talked to me and I said I won't update my relationship status but he changed his anyway). and then today he said he wants to meet my mom. which is a huge step for me and I don't think we are ready for this. but there are a few things to consider: my mom doesn't live here and she's staying with me for a few weeks and is going back home next week ( out of states) and I don't know when will be the next time they can meet. Also she is very criticizing so I am kinda afraid of her reaction.
So my question is... am I over reacting that he shouldn't see my mom now? and how should I tell him that we're not ready for this without hurting him?

What Guys Said 2

• Just introduce him as a "friend". Make it quick and sweet. Doesn't have to be anything major. Tell your boyfriend how you feel. Not wanting to introduce him as your boyfriend because you aren't ready for that step is a legitimate reason. But, it would be nice to let him meet her in a more casual way if he agrees before she leaves.

• Tell him that your mom tends to rush to judgment too quickly and she needs to be prepared for the meeting by you saying lots of nice things about him and this is too important to rush into it and take a chance on it going poorly.

Of course, all of this sidesteps the bigger issue: this guy sounds like he wants to rush things with you. Is this the first time that he ever had sex?

What Girls Said 1

• U guys only dated for a month so i guess its too early. You needa get to know each other more first before introducing him to ur parents.