Is it usual that women dont date younger guys than themselves?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the woman.

With me it doesn't matter so much about the guys age (unless he's underage), but more so if I find him mentally and physically attractive and how he treats me.

My current boyfriend has recently turned 18 and I am 19, 20 in October.

I don't like him just because of his age, it's because I find him cute and he is nice toward me, caring, has a good sense of humour, seems to learn from his mistakes, is respectful of my beliefs and seems to be honest and loyal from what I can tell.

Some women may have a preference for younger or older guys, but personally, I have liked guys both older and younger than myself, as well as guys about the same age.

As I say, age doesn't matter too much to me so long as no one is underage and if they are, just don't do anything inappropriate with them.

I also have friends who have liked guys both older and younger than them too. One of my friends is actually engaged to a guy 2 years younger than herself.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to describe what "usual" is. From my limited experience (flawed sample, to be taken with a grain of salt), it's actually considerably more common for older women to date younger men.

I see that a lot in Japan where women past the age of 30 start dating younger (sometimes considerably) boyfriends. It is much rarer to see, for example, a 25-year old girl date a 19-year old young man than it is to actually see a 35-year old woman date a 19-year old young man here.

Why exactly, I don't know. I don't want to offend or risk inaccuracy by guessing. And again this is just from my narrow and limited life experience.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't know why but I am very attracted to the guys who are 1-2 years younger than me.
    So It is not right for me.

• it is true for me and my girl friends.. four months younger was the youngest one 😛

• what would the reason be?

• that'd be nice I have dated guys my age but I still find older guys more appealing

• i see, its just that mostly girls that are older are attracted to me, i look older than my age and if they ask my age and i tell them that i am 21 then suddenly they are not interested anymore.

• I think nowdays more and more women are dating younger guys and are opened to the idea. Personally I prefer them around my age.

• Yes that is usual but there are so many exceptions to that. I'll give you an example me. I was in graduate school and all the students were older than me I felt like a kid. So there I am 23 years old I start dating the guys on the swim team undergraduates. It was fantastic

• I w ould. young guys are hot and can be more innocent which is cute. i at least like guys who look young and act bashful even if not younger than me in years :)

• There are cougers though but not a lot

• Yes I don't date guys who are younger. I have had a friends with benefits that was younger once though.

• I don't like dating younger guys, not a fan of being the same age as them either. I like dating guys who are older than me. But the age difference can't be like 10 years, 6 years at most.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's all about the guy their with. Look how many female teachers are getting caught with students? When I was 14 I was dating a 22 year old. She thought I was 18, but I didn't tell her that. She dumped me once she found out. Between 17 and 22 I dated a lot of older women. I was in the Army then and for me, the skys the limit. Even my exwife is 8 years older than me. It's what you portray within yourself, towards them.

• At least where I live it is. Women normally date older guys and guys younger women.

• i wonder why

• Maybe it's just a cultural thing or tradition. Perhaps even biology. I normally get more attracted to younger girls (younger than me I mean).

• I think many women would give a younger man a chance if he was mature enough for her, usually once they hit 30+.