Do guys like being told they look good when they feel self conscious about themselves?

My boyfriend has been working out more, he says for his stomach. I love his body and stomach but he's a little self conscious. Do guys like being told they look good just like how girls like being told their beautiful?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not as much as women like it no. Guys know that what they are doing is seen and appreciated when women are more hands on. Something as simple as just resting your hand on his chest or lightly rubbing it while cuddling , little things like that tells us guys beyond words

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course. Men are humans too. Every human likes to be complimented. Especailly when they're feeling down.

What Guys Said 17

• Everybody appreciates a compliment, and guys are no exception. Sure it's not as critically important as it ends up being for a gal, but yea it's always nice to get recognition for hours of muscular training. It's always nice to hear gals find you attractive. Self esteem gets a significant bonus. Well at least that works for me. Everyone appreciates looking good, Guy or Gal, yeah we're all human lol :P

• For some reason whenever someone tells me that I look good, I assume they're just saying it to make me feel better. I just don't see it at all.

• It's not something they hear anywhere near often, so naturally they don't put much stock in it, they don't really expect girls to find them *that* physically attractive. But at the same time, not hearing it means it's very noticeable when it comes out sincerely, not hearing it can make it seem forced when it does come out. It's like what are you up to? Do you want my blood? What's your angle? Make it sincere and I think any guy would like it.

• Yes, I think they like it.

• "Do guys like being told they look good just like how girls like being told their beautiful?"

I'm pretty shocked you don't know guys like to feel desired to. I guess there's a cultural reason for that. Yes us guys like to feel appealing too.

She's young and still learning. As least she has the insight to relate it to how women feel too.

Yes, men like it as well.

@ProbablyTooMature It can be hard to tell online lol

Fair enough. =)

• I would like to be because I feel thoroughly unattractive so it's nice when I'm told otherwise, gives me some of the confidence I'm lacking. I'd probably think they're just saying it and don't actually think I'm attractive if they were my sexual/romantic partner but it'd be nice that they at least care enough to try. It almost never happens though

• It's 'they're' beautiful. 'Their' is possessive.
    Girls talk, guys do. We learn to watch what you do, not listen to what you say.

• Yes we do, even when we think that we can look better. The thing is that we (well, humans in general) are vain (everyone has a different point on that scale).

• yeah. we do, sometimes. were people too you know. we just hide it better. lol jk. i dont think guys have it half as bad as females. but we too like to feel re assured sometimes

• i have a serious problem taking a compliment. it does sounds like a lie to me, but eh, low self esteem issues backlashes still...

• I've been complamented on my looks like 4 times in my life, my oma every time i think haha. it would make me uncomfortable becuase girls get the complaments.

• yes, its the same like women.

• Yes, but for me, I like it more when, in small groups. Nothing to public.

• Yes, men definitely like to be acknowledged.

• It's rather the other way around

• Definitely, it'll mean a lot more coming from someone they like

• Guys Luke it if they think you're sincere. More than girls, since girls are offended if the guy who tells them isn't attrattive enough himself

What Girls Said 2

• Everyone likes it. Guys are not exceptions.

• Of course they do! :)