Would you consider a couple in their 30's a "young couple"?

Both people are anywhere between the ages of 30-39. Feel free to elaborate on your opinion.

• Yes
  • No
3mo Thanks for the responses, guys. Based on the replies (which are a majority "No"), would "middle-aged couple" be more appropriate for this age group?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• You've made the mistake of asking a site where the majority of people are in the teens or early 20s, and are much more likely to perceive anything over 30 as 'old'.

Middle age doesn't start until 45 at the very earliest.

That would only be true of people with the average projected life-expectancy of 90 or above. Which is remarkably few. Speaking as a 29yr old epileptic with Aspergers, a group with an average projected life expectancy of only 58, I'd definitely consider myself to be middle-aged.

@SinghSong You'd better write to the census bureau, dictionaries and medical associations, and tell them your story so they can correct that. Make sure to point out how doing simple division makes you technically correct and therefore more correct than all of them.

I don't get it. Was that supposed to be humor, or a jibe?

What Girls Said 21

• Not young because we've experienced life on a level 20 somethings haven't reached yet. Not old because my baby maker will keep working for a long time, I'm not gray, decades from retirement, can do whatever I want, make money to support myself, but I still have a lot of energy and desire to have fun like the 20 somethings. 30s doesn't really feel any different from 20s, I just feel like I don't have to take nobody's shit anymore because I'm not a college kid and I have enough seniority at my job to be confident with what I do.

• Yeah that's young-ish considering people can live to be onto their 100's these days

• No, but they're not an old or even middle aged couple. They're just an adult couple.

Couple in their 20's: Young couple.

Couple in their 30's: Adult couple

Couple in their 40's/50's: Middle aged couple

Couples in their 60's+: Elderly couple

• It is neither young or old. But it's heading towards the middle. But as long as the couple is happy, it shouldn't have to matter as long as them getting married to each other was the right choice.

• People on here have very childish ideas on age and show their lack of experience.

Yes, 30s are still young.

• 30s is still relatively young, so yes.

• I mean... 30 is the new 20 right? Lol

• Seems old-ish to me. People are getting married and having kids so much later these days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• youth ends at 29. you become middle aged at 30-40 and old starts at 45

• I would hope that when I'm in my thirties I'm still considered young. Also most couples have babies in their thirties, so they must still be young.

• I do consider them young by age but not "young couple."
    I usually think of early 20s as young couple.
    But I am not saying that in a rude way.

• Yes they are still young

• not young, but not old either

• No I think 20s is young

• Uhhh yea? When I see couples in their 30s I think it's young.

• No its not young but not middle aged either

• After 20's, no.

• If they still look young then yeah.

• These days kids are dating super young so I'd say 30s would be the middle and 16 onwards would be early.

• No young couple is under 25 after it's just a couple

• i thnk people until 35 is young
    like ur mothers age is mature

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, now. 30+ years ago, maybe not. And people in their 30's are definitely not considered middle aged.

• That's average aged