Guys, do some guys get angry when you don't text them back for hours?

If a female talks to this person every day, then one time doesn't texterm him back for 4-5 hours later. Is there a reason when you do text them back that they don't respond even into the next day? Even when you see that they are on social media but not opening up your messages? It's almost like a freaken mind game..

Most Helpful Guy

• It IS a mind game, 99% chance. And not worth your time. A confident man (or woman-this applies to anyone), understands things happen, and you don't come running when he rings a bell or vibrates your phone... A guy worth pursuing has his own thing going on and thus such trivial things like a non-response for 4-5 hours should not be a concern to him. It doesn't bother me if i don't get texted back within 4-5 hours or 10, or even 24... However, the more you text-the closer you tend to be. So I may start distancing if she is... but not to play a head game but simply in reaction to what she seems to want. But if he always texts back and then suddenly breaks HIS pattern to a full day after you break yours and also before he knows WHY you broke your (pattern) he's a head game player and a child-so let him play with other children ;)

I'm just confused I guess.. we have been friends for awhile, I'm separated from my spouse and have been kind of seeing each other for for a month, no sex yet.. I kind of noticed a pattern, if I don't respond right away, he wouldn't really talk to me until the next day.. I am 10 years older. It's just that day was different, I couldn't text back until like 4 hours later. He never opened the last two text or should I say messenger.. but he's been on. I feel I don't deserve to be disrespectedible like that, especially if I have no clue or clear reasons why.. It's just really crushing.. he's 29 by the way, guess I expected a little more maturity that's all. I'm dumb for assuming..

This is the first time I've dated someone younger than me, I just deleted him off my FB. I'm too old to try to figure his drama out.. after I sent the second message yesterday and he was still on FB, I felt he made a hastily immature decision. I don't needs a guy that does that shit in life. Everything was fine that morning though, so it's good I know what I was dealing with now.. thank you for your comment. It gave me a little more sense of clarity.

wise choice I think.

What Guys Said 14

• I LOVE being 'Old School' and I DON'T TEXT!! Yeah, totally no texting!! Maybe I call her on the phone, at lunch, maybe not!! We get along just fine, not having this momentary comment texting BS!!!
    If you are texting every moment of your day, what do you have to share, and talk about, together, that night?
    I like being myself, doing my job, not needing to be chained to some little device that bleeps or vibrates to get my attention!! Maybe I REALLY LOVE HER, but I don't want texts, every moment of the day!!
    It's 'Old Fashioned,' maybe, but what happened to having your own life, then being together, over dinner, talking with your kids, if any, and your SO, about their day?
    A little too 'Norman Rockwell?' I don't think so, and that time away makes you be more yourself, think about what you are doing at work, and TRUSTING that your SO and kids are just fine, doing their own thing, their own way!!
    If a guy, or lady is feeling nervous, angry, whatever, that the other hasn't responded in the next instant, maybe they have some issues that need to be addressed!!
    When I am with someone I care about, I TRUST HER, and if we don't connect for 8 to 10 hours, that's just life!! We catch up when we are together!! That's what being together is really about!!

• I will admit that my insecurities used to get me to and make wonder if I said something wrong or if they got bored with and don't want to talk to me again. But if I know that we have a "good" connection and she would tell me if I did something wrong then I wouldn't mind waiting. Cause then I can tell her how much I missed talking to her.

• I wouldn't care. Maybe they're busy going off and doing something. It would be unreasonable to think that they are mad, upset, or what have you simply because they didn't reply to your text. The point I'm trying to make is that if you don't know why they didn't reply, then don't assume anything. (unless they've gone missing, in which case you need to consult the police department)

• It depends, on what their friendship situation is. Like if you are their only friend, yeah a little text could mean something, but if you are just a girl from school he doesn't really care about hen no.

• Cause they feel like an option, like you were riding dick and couldn't find the time, we're busy getting shit faced, are an immature, unreliable child. Then they proceed to treat you accordingly like the dirt you are

• Only a woman would think its a mind game. We don't sit around wondering, when is she going to text me back. Oh god I hope she cares about me.

• If she's working and doesn't respond then no. I would find it weird if she text me straight away.

If she's at home and watching tv then I find another girl if she don't respond every few hours. She's not interested.

• i dont get botherd by it, people get busy. Im guilty of not texting back a lot though too. I almost never text though, i usually just call.

• I wouldn't say angry but impatient sure

• I have a question for you: Do girls get mad when you ghost them?

And by ghosting I mean, taking them out on a date and after the date never speaking to them again, aka don't reply to text messages or answer when the phone rings.

• In short, yes.

• Yes they do.

I don't care, I hate texting and I am pleased when a woman stops texting me.

• Happening to me right now 😖

• No. I don't keep my phone with me 24/7 . a lot of texts annoy me.

What Girls Said 5

• sometimes it's game playing, other times it's just rudeness and inconsideration. I delete those guys.

• Yes they get mad because they feel ignored. As a comeback they will ignore you too. Some start playing mind games and see how would you react.

• I think they get more nervous and paranoid than angry

• He could think she doesn't care because she waited to text.

• I feel like its childish. And they look stupid when they are online and don't bother to open and respond to the message like you don't see it. I normally don't bother after. That means im at the bottom of your list of thats not even worth being bothered with.

I deleted him off my FB.. I feel he should of hit me up if he was mad about something.. He still hasn't opened up my messages, so I'm taking it as, " I never want to talk to you again". Guess I'll never know. It would of been less hurtful if he would of at least opened the damn messages.