Kiss on a first date?

ok so I went with this guy for coffee then on the way back he tried to kiss me and I turned it down lol.
so do you people usually kiss on a first date?
do you think he ll still be interested if I blew him off like that? I wasn t ready for a make out session XD

Most Helpful Guy

• I often did but it was more baby-steps, a bit more natural. It didn't feel like I had to initiate much since we were already kind of shoulder-to-shoulder, playfully touching each other, talking intimately. To me making a bold move to initiate a kiss is kind of risky and something I very rarely ever did.

>> do you think he ll still be interested if I blew him off like that?

He might be a little bit warded off. Depends on the guy and his persistence and how he read into that. If he starts thinking you're not interested in him because of it, he might move on. If you still like him maybe you can kind of make it clear you're still interested to maximize the odds of continuing subsequent dates.

Most Helpful Girl

• If the date goes REALLY well enough then yeah, I can see people kissing on the first date. On the exact same note though, if it just went okay, well, or you weren't feeling it yet (or suspected you wouldn't ever) then I don't blame a single soul for not wanting to kiss on the first date.

Honestly it's hard to say, it depends on how fragile his ego is and how exactly you turned him down, whether it was rude, emasculating, etc.

What Guys Said 16

• Did you give him the cheek? Did he lean in to kiss you and you turned your face so your lips were pointed away? With just a few exceptions I've usually gone in for a kiss on a first date. Only received the cheek once or twice. You see the guy, apart from the fact that he really does WANT to kiss you, has to be thinking this way: What will she think if I DON'T go for a kiss? It's a conundrum. But I can't blame the guy for wanting to kiss you.

• That's true, if you don't go for the kiss the girl might take it as you're not interested. Good point.

• Yea I did that 😅

• It's hard to say it say it really depends on the mood and chemistry. If you've been setting or something 😏 Then a kiss on the first date isn't unreasonable. However if you turned him down you were not ready so don't feel bad or awkward about it. Kissing has to be spontaneous.

• *if you've been sexting*

stupid iPad

• hahahaha XD
      no we weren t lol plus we just talked for 2h for a coffee. it s like too early, I don t know lol...
      next time in a bar it might be different haha

• Just tell him, if you can, that you're feeling a little sorry for having turned down the kiss but that you found it too early.
    If you nevertheless still feel you'd like to meet him, tell him. He may think he lost every chance :o so if that's not the case he needs to know :D

• Well I assume most girls have kissed on the first date or maybe even gone further with a few of their previous partners so I would probably interpret as she's not that interested in me.

• It depends on the how the date's been going.
    When you turned him down, where you tender about it or blunt? If blunt, that's not good. And did you know the guy prior to the date or was this the first time y'all ever really talked/hanged out.
    Honestly, if I was on a date with a girl I didn't really know and when I went in for a kiss good night and she pulled back, I'd probably just assume she wasn't that interested in me so I'd just move on to the next girl.

• it was the first time we actually talked and it was over coffee so I really didn t feel like it.
      but I told him I d wanna see him again so I guess it s all good.
      and no I wasn t blunt but awkward lol

• It's always awkward. Even if y'all have been married for twenty years it would be awkward. Lol.

• Eh...😅

• I'm not the type of guy who says "no kiss on the first date" but I wouldn't expect it and unless she initiates it I probably wouldn't try.

as for him... I don't know lol. If he's not interested anymore because of that he wasn't the right one for you anyway.

• With some girls I waited, with others I lost interest.

• No I haven't kissed on the first. I consider that tad bit too early.

• I think you did the right thing , kisses shouldn't be on the first date , but damn that guy is lucky 😉😂

• Dont know... But if he has any interest in you (like I would if I were him), He will be back for more... ;)

• that was very soon

• if it feels right yes.

• Nope I do not prefer kissing for first dates.

• dubbed, RIP dream

• Yes kiss. Even if a peck on lips. Otherwise he will think u r not interested

• Honey, I usually get at least a blowjob on the first date. If there's not at least serious making out, you likely won't get a second date. No matter how cute you are.

What Girls Said 12

• No I don't, unless I'm not serious about a relationship to begin with. I like to take my time and get to know a person really well before I get intimate with them if in considering a relationship.

• Make sure you tell him why you didn't kiss him at first, I never kiss on the first date... well unless I really really like him.

• Only if I think the dude is awesome and attractive. :D

• I always kiss on the first date. I don't think it needs to be a full on make out session... Haha but a goodbye kiss is nice

• No thats your choice
    If he doesn't like your choices then he is not the right guy for you
    If you're not ready there's nothing wrong with that

• I never kiss on the first date. Ever. Just tell him why you turned it away.

• I have kissed on a first date Lol but it just depends on the person. I don't do it on every first date. I'm sure he'll understand and he'll still be interested.

• Depends on how well you think it's going

• For me that'd be way too soon.

• I usually let the guy kiss me if I liked him.

• yessss i think is good to kiss on the firts date

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more