Why do guys respond better when you ignore them?

Why is dating a game? If you show the person that you are interested they give you the cold shoulder treating you like an option. But as soon as you ignore them and don't give them any attention they are in constant contact with you. I don't like this at all i feel its ridiculous. But guys why do you respond to girls who ignore you and who doesn't give you any attention?

Most Helpful Guy

• Two reasons.

1. People want what they can't have until they have it and it becomes boring.

2. By ignoring him and him wanting you, you put yourself above him in the social hierachy. That creates a temporary attraction-speak of the superficial kind.

Most Helpful Girl

• They want what they can't get.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, human nature is to want something you can't have.

However I don't think this is unique to guys as I'm having this exact issue with a girl.

• i dont know what kind of guys you are texting. but i never do that.

• It's a game for those that make it a game. There's really not much more to say on the matter.

• Is this true?

What Girls Said 0