Should I take his offer or find other means?

So my boyfriend of a month came over to break up with me (no surprise) at my house before he went to work today. Honestly I have always struggled with depression after an abusive past (not his fault). I definitely have mood swings and can be passive aggressive. After a few incidents he decided to end things. I'm in my mid twenties and don't have a license due to life circumstances and not living in an area (I work) where I know people to help me drive. Anyways he took me out to practice even after we became intimate. He said he was looking for his soulmate and the relationship was unhealthy. I'm sad but it's my problem now.

He said said that we can still be friends (though I know it won't last because I care about him for more than a few months on my end because I don't care to be around if he moves on permanantely).

He said he can offer to still help me practice driving if I reach out to him first since he wants to give me time on my own to heal and doesn't want to be the first one to reach out for that reason. Should I take his offer for help practicing to pass my road test? Or do you think he really didn't mean it? If so when should I reach out?

What Guys Said 1

• He didn't mean it. He just wanted to avoid a psychotic reaction to him dumping you. Find other means.

I wasn't psychotic though. I have depression and did not attack him or anything during the breakup or stalk him.

And I'm sure he would like to keep it that way.

What Girls Said 1

• Do not stay friends with him and do not take his offer for help.