Guys do you expect girls to dress up for a first date?

like doesn't bother you if the girl comes in jeans and a top with no makeup and so on
and girls do you put in the effort? also I guess it depends on the setting and where you re going.
honestly I prefer to have minimal to no makeup at first and casual clothes. If he likes me like that he ll surely like me all dolled up.

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends on the occasion. but generally... no. actually, I prefer the casual look and light makeup over being overdressed for a simple date. As long as you look good, it's fine... and for that you don't need an expensive dress, tons of makeup, etc

Most Helpful Girl

• I rather be more casual and plus it lets the dude see you how you normally are. Might help him get a better idea if he wants to continue seeing you or end it.

What Guys Said 29

• For me not so much since I prefer dates that favored that kind of attire like going to park, go on a boat ride together, amusement park, ice skating, hiking, etc.

It wasn't so much like fancy dinners (I hate those on a first date, a bit too formal and difficult to bond without some history together).

I do appreciate it if some effort went into looking pretty nice even with that very casual type of attire, like you didn't just randomly choose your clothes out of the closet. Depending on how you look naturally, minimal cosmetics might be nice, or none at all if you can sport the natural look very well.

Anyway, I don't really mind but mainly because of the type of setting. If, on a future date, there was like a fancy dinner or exclusive club or something like that involved, I might be disappointed a bit if she showed up a second time like this.

• You know my standards Archiz, if you show up in anything less than this I'm ditching you and the bill 😂😂😂
    img.auctiva.com/.../690617587_o.jpg
    Most guys won't care because they'll be wearing the same thing themselves.

• No. I mean, if you wanna go casual, you better tell me so I can do the same. And if you want to dress up, tell me. So I can do the same. Basically, she can go how ever she likes to go, as long as she tells me she I'm not in a tux and she's in sweatpants.

• As for how she dresses, it just depends on where we're going lol... as for the no makeup, I don't care about that and you don't even need that Sarah :P

• I'd expect the hair done, and probably some light makeup. Something that she wouldn't do every other day. Assuming that I have seen her before without these garnishes.

I always go with my curly hair

Or just say fuck it and:

img.picturequotes.com/.../...own-enemy-quote-1.jpg

As you were
      As I want you to be
      As a trend, as a friend
      As a known enemy...

Hahaha 😂
      Fuck it I am gonna go depending on my mood

• I think that's a good idea, if at that moment he still likes you, he's into your personality and not your "hardware" hahaha :D

• I prefer a girl in jeans and a top with no makeup, they're way more attractive than the alternative

Although to be honest, I like skirts/dresses on girls too.

No makeup is best makeup tho

hah I know that about you XD
      yea I went on a date with no makeup at all but lip balm. I am trying to get used to go out with no makeup at all although I didn t wear much to begin with

• Part of this depends on what we're doing, like if we're going hiking and you show up in a dress and heels I'd probably tell you that I just remember I had to go the doctors for a colonoscophy and have to cancel.
    But in general I would expect some type of effort to be made by the girl. It shows that she's into the date. That she didn't just say yes because she didn't know how to say no.

I think the same is true for guys to though, if I showed up to a date wearing sweats, and old t shirt, and my hair all disheveled I don't think to many girls would be like “oh, that's cool."

Well I don't think you have to wear make up, lots of girls are very pretty without makeup, but you should still make some type of effort. Appearance is communication, when you go to a restaurant how do you know who's working and who's a customer? You can tell by what they're wearing.
      Another example is if I show up to an appointment in my pajamas, without knowing anything about me you can tell right away that I'm not concerned about the appointment.
      Now I'm not saying you need to wear a dress or anything like that, but there is a difference between a nice casual outfit and just showing up in whatever happened to smell the least.

yea I am not going in sweat pants lol
      plus I look good regardless haha unless if it s all baggy
      but I don t care that much about clothes
      it s more about the personality, presence and so on

• No, not at all. She can dress however she wants.

• I prefer her to come in jeans or anything casual. Whatever she's comfortable in.

• its ok that she does, because it means she's really trying to impress me, but she can dress casual with no makeup, but id have to scrutinize her actions toward me more to see if she's trying to impress me.

why does she need to impress you lol
      it s more about if you connect than trying to impress each other

eh no... I am not here to prove myself to no one, I am here to have a good time.

id expect a possible relationship out of the date. if its for nothing i won't date a girl who's just out for fun and games, because thats not what dating is for.

• I go 007 Style! Daniel Craig Style!

If she is wearing jeans it's a " i don't care what i look like " like she rushed to find clothes! Skip the Jeans an put on a nice pair of pant's ! Otherwise i am gonna go get my clothing designer friend an have her fix the girls look!

• i dont like to go to this fancy place of a first date so dressing up was not necessary

• I don't really care thay much lol , just no full make up I hate it lol

• yes i would expect a girl to dress up for a first date

• Im always in a suit so..

• No it doesn't bother me, dress in what you find comfortable just as long as its something decent and fairly cute.

• Yes, I expect them to dress up somewhat.

• Depends on the date... if it is formal dress up if not then casual...
    .

• Yeah first impressions may leave a good lasting impression

but I still look good though haha

Haha not saying you don't. Wear whatever you're comfortable with and think it's nice

• Jeans and t-shirt will do. Usually when I go out on a first date it's not super fancy.

• Ugh maybe depends on where going, I mean it's different for other people and other guys

• Jeans and a non revealing shirt is fine.

• Yes I expect that Miss.

• You would look good in a burlap sack and a rope, Cutey pants :) <3

• It depends on how long you know each other (going in the same class for years?), the setting, fit your personality and be comfortable for you.
    I have seen girls using high heels for the first time in their life and failing at it, especially when it is a place where you would dance.

• I expect her to appear in bikini

• No, but I will expect her to get undressed.

• I mean I don't "expect" it but I think it's good for BOTH guys and girls to dress well on a first date since that's also going to be a first impression and you don't want to look bad.

What Girls Said 6

• It depends

So, if he says he's taking me somewhere nice and I know we're not going to do a lot of 'outdoors' activities, Yes. I will dress up for him.

I always ask and if he's one of the few that surprises me ;) I ask him what I should wear.

otherwise, jeans and a t-shirt. :) Love my jeans/shorts and t-shirts.

• I'm not going to use my inexistent make-up applying skills for a date for sure. 😂
    And I don't think I will ever like those fancy dates. 😕

• You need to put some sort of effort into the first date. You don't have to cake on the makeup but you do have to do some sort of a nice job

but I look good without makeup

even if it s just for coffee?

even if it's just for coffee. The bare minimum is some foundation to smooth out your face and maybe some eyeliner or mascara. Nothing too crazy or over 5 minutes.

• Not a fan of makeup at all, so I barely ever put it on anyway. Now for clothes, it totally depends on what we're doing.

• I'd prefer the same
    I want him to see the natural me then I'm sure he'll like me with makeup and expensive dress to

• Yes that face has to be beat LOL full Glam... I don't know it depends where we're going.