Was my coworker really wondering good places to eat or was she trying to give me a hint?

Okay so I am doing an internship for physics this summer and a girl from Japan who just moved here started asking me if there was any good places to eat here. I gave her a few suggestions and then she asked me how much would tickets to see a rock band cost.

Maybe she was just truly wondering if there was any good places to eat here and wondering about hearing interesting American music but I don't know. Since she's new here, maybe she's asking because she doesn't know or is giving me hints?

She's been here for only one month from Japan. We both are working on our masters in physics.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her. It could be either but to know that you have to understand her better.

Most Helpful Guy

• One thing my colleagues do that really irritates me when I visit the U. S. is to take me to Japanese restaurants. I guess their idea is to "remind me of home" when that's not the reason I freaking visited another country!

I want the full American food experience -- massive slices of pepperoni pizza, coca cola, prime rib, giant slabs of nice steak cuts like rib-eye or porterhouse or filet mignon (super expensive in Japan), baby back ribs, pulled barbecue pork sandwich, Buffalo wings, all that.

About Japanese girls, one of the things to remember is that in Japan, it is very common for males and females to befriend each other without sexual tension. It's actually rather common for guys and girls to go out together privately for dinner, e. g., without being an item. In Japan you'll often see what look like male and female couples except that they're not dating and the guy doesn't mind if she picks up a guy that night and vice versa.

Anyway, I'd say invite her to have dinner or something, and pick some awesome American food. And then see how it goes.

" in Japan, it is very common for males and females to befriend each other without sexual tension. It's actually rather common for guys and girls to go out together privately for dinner, e. g., without being an item. In Japan you'll often see what look like male and female couples except that they're not dating and the guy doesn't mind if she picks up a guy that night and vice versa."

Sorry on dark humour, but this is the reason of high suicide rates. Friendzones!

@wolfie12 :-D That part I think is actually quite peaceful, maybe helps the opposite. It's actually a bit easier to date in Japan when you have lots of female friends to casually choose from. I don't think there's actually a concept of "friend-zone" here since it's common to start off as friends most of the time. It's like working from friend-zone to "romance zone".

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Rule number 34: if a girl asks you about restaurant/coffee shop/concert/movie that is currently playing or will be in near future/gallery or she says she's thirsty/hungry/could use some coffee , you immediately propose activity she asked you about...

• You need to watch her body language when she's asking you stuff like that.