Should a man pay on the date or should the woman pay for her own meal and the man pay for his own meal?

Just a simple question

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Whoever pays should not be gender-specific! Those restaurants and other food businesses will take your money anyway.

I'd say whoever is (1) financially capable of paying the meal and is (2) willing to transact the payment should pay.

If both conditions are met, excellent! If one of those two conditions is not met, then one shouldn't transact the payment.

If both can pay, they might like to pay for "whatever they have ordered". Now, I think splitting the bill and paying for whatever is ordered are two different things.

Split= equal amount of money for the benefit of both parties

Pay for whatever is ordered= unequal, individualistic

If both can pay, that's better.

Your question is an "either-or" one and it would be meaningless if respondents would answer by a yes or a no. That's why I did not vote on the poll.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it is an initial date or the relationship is fairly new keep the money out of it. Pay your own way. That way nobody will feel like they "owe" the other something or have expectations because the other person paid for a meal. Once the relationship develops into something more real then it is OK to offer to pay or help pay. DO NOT make money an issue. If you do you will regret it.

by the way... I had a woman on a dating site tell me that she sees online dating as free food. She only dates guys for the free meal. I will not pay for any of the initial date's expense and my dating profiles say the initial date is dutch (we pay for our own).

What Girls Said 23

• On the first date, the one who asked should pick up the tab for both.

If a relationship continues... they should split. Or take turns where then the other will pay for both and then the first will pay and on and on.

On my first date I asked my SO and I paid. Even IF the waitress assumed that because he was a man he was paying (she handed him the bill) but I paid.

Then he paid. Sometimes we split. Sometimes I pay. Sometimes he pays. It's whatever.

• "A" for Absolutely @Demon_King_Alastor.
    First date, Guy pays for His and Her Plate. It shows First Good Impression that He is a Gentleman and not a Cheap Scate.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• How can you give two options and then make the poll yes or no? Lol

I'll take money if I ever go on a date so it's his choice. If he looks like he wants me to pay for myself then I will.

I'm confused by the first statement.

@7heDubz it's like you're looking for something to complain about. Other people seem to be perfectly capable of answering the question. It's just you that seems to have a problem. If you don't understand the question, just don't answer and go the fuck away. Literally that simple.

I was going to point that out too. It's a confusing poll.
      Do you like red or blue? Yes.

• Each should pay for themselves. When the relationship gets closer, paying for one another occasionally is fine but I think that at the beginning, you should definitely just pay for your own.

• Neither, whoever asked should pay.
    Or split the check. It's up to the people involved but you also have to take in other factors.
    Are they in high school, with one of them having a job and the other doesn't?
    If so, the one with the money would pay (obviously).
    But yea I think whoever asked should pay or they talk about it and decide. It isn't up to anyone else.

• The man should pay.

For as long as it's socially acceptable for men to seek what they're evolutionarily wired to seek in a mate (beauty), it should be socially acceptable for women to seek what we're evolutionarily wired to seek in a mate (money and resources).

• I couldn't answer your limited poll but here's my view. Guy should but the first date meal and after that, either can pick up the check. I dint think in dating a check should be split.

• For the first date? Either or, no one should automatically expected pay. Generally the norm is for the guy but the girl should at the very least offer.

• Your poll isn't right?

They should pay for their own meals if they're both working.

• Pay for yourselves it's the first date.. Come on

• I think it depends on the couple and financial situations BUT if I'm going on a formal date that he asked me on, he probably should pay. Just like if I ask him out, I pay.

• I prefer to pay for whatever I order, and he can pay for his. This causes less stress and we can just enjoy the time together. It's a nice gesture if he offers to pay for me, but I don't expect it.

• the poll makes no sense lol

• The poll is not right.

• U know people now r always ralking about women rights and I agree, but by doing tok much of that we're basically ignoring men rights and therefore it's not equality in sex.

• Thats not a yes or no question but okay

• How is this a yes or no question?

• Just split it.

• This isn't a yes no question lmao,

• Men should paid. It show that she can trust him and she feel safe because he can take care of her needs. That's really attractive to have a man who paid for the date.

• I always pay my own way.

I never expect a man pay. If he insisted on paying, then I'd insist I pay the next time.

If I had no intentions of having another date with him, then I'd ensure we split the bill, so we both pay for our own share

• Man pays or split. Hey men make more $ than women

• I know feminists nowadays think differently... but I don't want to pay 😂😂

What Guys Said 20

• A man is supposed to be the one that invites, right? In any way, he's supposed to pay. If he doesn't want to he's just being greedy. And a greedy man is simply not an interesting person to be with for anyone, especially a date. He's supposed to be nice to her, not greedy. He's not a worthy date otherwise. I'm not saying the lady is supposed to use him, but if he's a man he's supposed to be able and willing to pay for both. Otherwise, he better be responsible and look for a job first, then start the dating.

• I think it doesn't really matter, whosoever is comfortable paying for the date, meals should go ahead and do it. There should be no comparisons, no ego in this matter.

• Depends on how long they've been dating, but for the first few dates the guy should. However, and I've said this before, but if the girl wants to get into a pissing match to prove her dicks bigger than mine, by all means get the check.
    But, honestly the first few dates really shouldn't be all that expensive, so what's 20 or 30 bucks? Your paying for a meal, movie tickets, a couple of drinks, or whatever you decide to do, not a house. There's really no reason why anyone should be making a big deal out of it.

• Adults are personal responsible for themselves. Being charitable to people you care about or sympathize with is all well and good, but when you just meet someone based on a whim they haven't earned any charity. They're just one person meeting another person to have a conversation and have some fun. If things develop into a relationship then treat each other and show them you care about them from time to time. If you want want to dodge the whores, take them on free dates. If they think you're cheap then you dodge a whore. If they get to know you for who you are and things progress, then there's no harm in treating them here and there.

• A simple question with a difficult answer. I mean technically it should be a split bill but it is quite common for either the guy to pay as a way of easing relations or for the one who initiated the date to pay.

Honestly I feel people put way too much time into trying to find a solution to this. Just have the one most comfortable with passing the money pay.

It's not difficult unless you're a feminist

How dare you even suggest that guys pay to "ease relations"? Or pay women for any reason for that matter?

What if I said women should pay on dates to "ease relations" with men? You would object to that like that feminazi that you are

@appleAPPS What I mean with "ease relations" is dating you moron. Doing things like taking them out to a restaurant while paying for it is quite a good way to get closer. Besides it works both ways but this whole topic was from the mans point of view so it makes little sense to bring up being dated by a girl.

• Dude, you phrased this question so retardedly.

• As a man, always be prepared to pay for everything.

More importantly, as a man, reserve your love and loyalty only for those who appreciates your time, resources and efforts.

• The one who invites pays.

• ok even tho he's run away I will answer anyway for the rest off us.

I'm real old school the man always pays even if she is just a friend or a family member.

• if she is not intending to split the bill, there's not gonna be a second date.

• She's Strong, Empowered, and Independent (SEI®), she can pay for herself.

• At the end of the meal, I ask if she wants to split the bill. If she says yes, then I pay for everything. If she expects me to pay, then we split it and I don't take her out again.

If she INSISTS that we split it, then oh lawd, heaven has sent me an angel 💚

• She should pay for herself

• Whoever invites, pays.

• Do you agree with option A or option B?
    Yes or no?

^This really isn't a yes or no question

• At your age, be glad your on a date. Share the bill until your settled.

• The man should offer to pay for the woman's meal.

so that's a yes then?

You're basically using every tip toe trick in the book to ignore the fact that you would put yes for this question. Also nice word play.

Lol no I'm not dodging your answer. I am giving you my exact belief and understanding of the matter which is not a yes but certainly not a no. If you were to ask "Should I offer to pay?" my answer would be yes.

• Non of there choices you list, the one who INVITES on a date pays for the date, this is thee rule.

• You invite your friends for a movie... do you pay for their ticket?

These feminazis will have women suck the money out of men, too bad it's going to end as more and more men wake up to their oppression and 2nd class status

• I always offer to pay. The girl should do the same. When I insist, she should offer to pay for the next date. It shows she's is independent and stands up for herself.