#POLL Would you prefer your love interest tell you how they feel about you; or ask you out; or both?

In this case you have known each other over a year and had both express clear interest in the past. It did not work out due to extenuating circumstance. You are friends now but you still like them 'more' than friends. You are tentative to do anything, because of the past confusion , and bc you are not sure they are still interested. So which would you prefer :

They tell you how they feel and clear up any misunderstandings, and let you know their interest. Then just let things develop slowly. They continue being your friend, then Maybe revisit the topic of dating a few weeks later... After things have had time to settle.

They tell you how they feel, let you know their interest, then immediately ask you to date.

Ask you out (as in dating. not as in ' a date'.) And explain their feelings later after / if/ things are going well in dating.

They tell you how they feel, express their interest. Then go away to give you space and leave the ball in YOUR court.

Other.

• They tell you how they feel and clear up any misunderstandings, and let you know their interest. Then just let things develop slowly. They continue being your friend, then Maybe revisit the topic of dating a few weeks later... After things have had time to settle.
  • They tell you how they feel, let you know their interest, then immediately ask you to date.
  • Ask you out. A in Not as in ' a date'. And explain their feelings later after / if/ things are going well in dating.
  • They tell you how they feel, express their interest. Then go away to give you space and leave the ball in YOUR court.
  • Other.
3mo hmm.. wonder why the guys are more up for dating quickly after clearing things up. the woman want to wait it out. do you think its about sex? like the sooner you are dating the sooner you get busy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I put B but BIG CAVEAT!

This only works if I am absolutely feeling the same way. In that case, it's nice to know the girl feels exactly the same way I do.

If not I really recommend C because if I'm not feeling the same way but like her even a little bit, I might like her more over the course of going out with her.

You have to absolutely know I am feeling the same way to confess your feelings as in the B option, or else it puts me in this awkward situation where I'm likely to turn down the offer with a knee-jerk reaction after this bold confession.

thank you for answering. :-)

I see, in your particular case, maybe saying you like him might be the best bet given the history.

ok thank you. I'll see what feels best in the moment. but thanks. the opinions help:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if they ask you out they are basically telling you they have feelings for you so... And if they are telling you their feelings it probably means they wanna ask you out so.. There is no difference

• well no bc you can have feelings but not be ready to date. or ask you out but just wanna smash or want attention etc. an since there's mess up history i think it warrants an explanation,.. well fore me anyhow, i just dont take anything for granted. I tend to keep things in separate compartments, so, i like things explicitly clear :)

but i get for a lot of people saying how you feel or asking out is interchangeable.

• thanks for answering :)

What Guys Said 3

• I chose C only because telling the person how you feel right away might scare them off. However, waiting too long could also be a mistake.

• I think id agree if you didn't really know each other , had no history, they had had never confessed how they feel or asked how you felt.. but in this case we've already been together and I hurt them, so i think its important to clear things up.

though i understand thats not for everyone. but for me i think if i can take to strangers about how i feel i should be able to talk to the person i have feelings for. and if it scares him thats ok. were just not a good match. its hr for me to take about how i feel i do it like once a decade. so i need to know the other person can deal. on the other hand its pretty simple.

its not like id be confessing undying love. id probably just apologize , say im still interested, but id like to go slow. not too scary. i think. :-)

but yeah if we were just like fends an i was interested id do it very differently. im not really into melo drama. i like to keep things simple. im a minimalist. :)

• its not really telling them how you feel 'right away' if you've felt that way for years:)

• Thank you for bothering to explain your reply:)

• Wouldn't asking me out tell me how they feel about me?

not necessarily. she could just want someone to go out with or think you are cute. it would not really say how she feels nor explain anything about the past... i think I would rather have an explanation.. but if asking you out is enough then vote that way. :)

• Thanks for answering :)

What Girls Said 0