Is make up very important to you girls and would you be mad if your boyfriend ruined it on accident?

I was washing my hands in the washroom and my girlfriend had this pallet with a bunch of beauty things. She leaves her make up stuff on the counter and i almost have no room to clean my hands lol but anyways that pallet was open and with the water running i moved my hand and by mistake that pallet thingy got water on it. So i didn't tell her anything and went downstairs and tried to use paper towl but it made it worse lol to clean it.

I told her what i did and she got mad but i also said not to leave that stuff open and what not. I told her it's no big deal and make up is not important and she got more mad. Now i'm not sure what to do and we were suppose to go out tonight but she doesn't want too. I told her she was being stubborn and then we got into an argument. First off where can i buy this make up pallet and is it expensive? Also is make up that important to you girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• Make up can be VERY expensive for good brands. Depending on the brand and pallet it could be $50-$200. Asking her to leave you some space is a different issue than destroying her makeup. I would be legitimately pissed if a friend didn't just move it and ruined it. Imagine that she tripped over your Xbox because it was on the floor (or something similar).

She is upset not only because it is expensive, but you (consciously or not) have tried to make it her fault. If you want to make it up to her, don't imply that make up is stupid, to expensive, or a waste of time. Take responsibility for your actions and apologize, offer to replace the pallet. Maybe even going to the mall together so she can pick exactly the right thing. The experience could even bring you closer than before.

i have a playstation lol but damn. $50-200 that is a lot. Well i mean she shouldn't leave her stuff all of the place. But i will most likely bring her to the mall so she can pick out the same one. I'll say sorry tomorrow. I was going to bring her out tonight but she was too upset, well i hope tomorrow she will be ok

What Girls Said 23

• Wow, you told her it wasn't important...
    Okay, well it wasn't important to you. So, it's like you downgraded a belonging of her that meant something to her. It's okay if she was pissed off. It's expected, just as long as she wasn't calling you names, shoving you, or holding a grudge. Stuff happens.

Where can you buy this pallet? I don't know. You didn't mention a brand at all. Why not just ask her where she got it from, or give her the money.

Makeup is not important me. I barely ever wear it.

i will say sorry to her and buy her another one, its called naked, had like 8 or 10 different colour things in it

• Some women really like their makeup... Personally, any makeup I own is probably from the drug store and cost less than $10, but if she's that mad about it I'd say it was probably a pricy pallet.

I think maybe she overreacted considering it was an accident, but it's not a bad idea to buy her a new one. Try Ulta or Sephora--but be prepared to spend a little if you do...

im going to apologize tomorrow and buy her another one, it was called naked. yeah there like $70 which is a bit pricey for colours lol

Well unfortunately the person who bought it for me frequents my house, sees it on my counter, and would probably ask where it went lol. I'll have to break down and use it eventually.

lol, yeah use it sometime, you have it anyways

• Makeup is very pricey... It's something we wear so that we feel like we look better than anyone else in the room. But yeah I wouldn't get mad if my boyfriend ruined it accidentally, I'd make him get me a new one, because well ruined makeup is hard to fix.

• Good makeup is expensive, that's probably why she's upset. She probably shouldn't have left her makeup open near water. But you also could have handled that argument better.

that is true, well most likely i will say sorry and take her to buy another one, i just hope the price isn't too much

• I'm a big makeup fan so I will not lie to you. I would be VERY upset. But I don't think I would be mad at him just like "WHY? IT'S ALL GONE" She shouldn't have left it out like that, I'm guilty of it too but if you want to protect your stuff, don't leave it in danger. However, she is being REALLY immature. If I knew what the palette looked like or who makes it I could maybe tell you. Overall, it is her fault, it was an accident. Let her get over it, if you want to get a her a new one, fine, but I think she's being a brat.

even though i dont think it was my fault, i will apologize and buy her another one. Its called naked

THOSE CAN BE PRICEY. Go to Ulta, or Sephora or just online. Make sure you know which one (it will say right there on it) there are different versions.

ok, thanks. My girlfriend will help me out as she knows which one it is lol

• Ohh nooo! Not the Naked palette! Lol you have some serious making up to do 😂

Just buy her another palette (make sure you know which one - it's either Naked, Naked 2, Naked 3, or the Naked smokey palette) but yh get buy her the same one and some chocolates and she'll be fine!

i apologized today and im taking her to buy one, either in store on online, whatever is cheaper lol, I don't know if it's 1, 2 or 3 lmao, she can just pick it out lol

Lool yh good idea :)

p. s. none is cheaper lol

• I don't wear a whole lot of make-up, but I do wear some. I have more upscale ones, that are more expensive since they tend to last longer throughout the day and I don't have to buy more for months. I never leave my make-up out unless there was an emergency.

However, for you hypothetical situation, I would have preferred if he just said he accidentally dripped water on my make-up and not touch it. I wouldn't be mad at him, I'd try to see what I can do to fix it. I would be more angry at myself for being careless and leaving it out.

What is the name of the make-up pallet? Some of the ones I use are around $50-55 a piece.

www.sephora.com/naked3-P384099

There are other pallets that are a lot less, so knowing the brand would help.

yes that one you showed in the link. I will apologize tomorrow and buy her that one, i have to make sure that is the one with her but it looks 90% the same

thanks. I will still take her out on a surprise dinner date too. But we're splitting the bill this time lol

I go Dutch as well. Just have fun together!

• I'd be mad if he ruined it on purpose. Makeup is expensive as hell.

But she left it open and out next to the sink. Next time she should close the pallet and put her makeup in a proper case.

Which makeup brand was it?

it was called naked, i will buy her another one

Okay yeah that one is about $50-60 at Sephora. It's nice of you to replace it for her.

i dont mind replacing it for her

• I don't own make up but I'd be mad if I did because of how much it costs.

• Hah to a girl makeup is VERY important, so telling her that it's not of course would anger her even more. I usually make people buy it. You break it you buy it.

• It's probably expensive lol

And no I wouldn't be mad since I am not into makeup

And maybe checkout Ulta or Sephora

yeah its that naked palette thing

• I only care of it was expensive, out of stock or limited edition

Pallet for? If it had lots of different squares with color maybe Ulta has one. Next time just leave it, that water can evaporate. Dry with blow dryer not napkins

im going to apologize tomorrow and buy her another, it was called naked, had like 8 or 10 different colours

she will pick it out with me since I don't know which one it was out of that naked thingy. i said sorry and she is better today

oh good :)

• It depends. Some makeup is more expensive then others and it is a big deal. That's like throwing money away.

• It was probably expensive and you saying it wasn't a big deal and then tell her not to leave it open made it worse. If you wanted to apologize you should have just said sorry.

im going to apologize tomorrow and buy her another, it was called naked

I would bring it to that store and show it to the sales lady just to make sure. Relationships are just a learning process. Buy her another and apologize like you said and Im sure everything will be fine

yeah i will buy her another one

• I would never have my makeup just laying around. It's her fault! It's important but I'd forgive someone if they broke it on accident.

• lol dude, first off, make up is expensive, and secondly, i would kill you if u ever did that to me lmfao

well it's not my fault she put it out around the sink lol, i have a good idea of brand it was now, its called naked i beleive. Well tomorrow ill say sorry to her and we can go buy another one at the mall or wherever they sell this. I was going to take her out tonight but she didn't want too lol.

ooooooooooh, shit, man! Naked is crazy expensive! You're dead...

i said sorry today and she will pick out the one, there goes my gas money lol

• You have to tell what does the palette looks like first. Can you describe it?

it said naked, had like 7 or 9 colours in it. Does that cost a lot? ill take her to the mall or something to buy another and apologize (even though she should have not left it there)

Lol yeah it's crazy. Luckily it lasts a long time.

@IvySilva if you send me the palette ill send you flowers and chocolate in return :D

• I do not wear makeup that much but i would be pissed if it was expensive.

• Replace the one you ruined

• Makeup is fucking expensive, that pallet may have been expensive, she may have saved up for it. I agree she shouldn't leave it open in the bathroom, in fact she shouldn't leave it in the bathroom at all (shower steam can mess with the quality). But you could have just closed it and moved it when you first noticed it.

im going to apologize tomorrow and buy her another one, yeah i could of just closed it too now that i think of it, i guess i didn't think i would tip in haha

• If it's expensive then yes, but some people are more into makeup than others...

Me, for example, if I had bought an expensive palette and someone had ruined it then I'd be pretty mad because then I'd have to spend all of that money again because they did something wrong...

i will buy her another and apologize

• It may be that that pallet was one of the really expensive ones. Just apologizing and saying it was an accident is good yet don't try to put the blame on her. It may not be all your fault but there's no point arguing over whose fault. Just say your sorry and offer to buy a new one. You can buy that stuff at Sephora's.

im going to apologize tomorrow and buy her another one, it was called naked

• It isn't important to me at all, I barely own any and even if someone ruined it I'd be ok with it because I use cheap stuff anyway, but maybe it is important for your girlfriend and maybe it was an expensive pallet, and to give you more information about the make up I need to know which brand it is, etc.

i found out it was naked, i will buy her another one. But $70 is too much for that thing

Well that's what it cost and you ruined it, it's only fair you restore it to her

today ill buy her another one

What Guys Said 0