If I don't ask her out, he will for me?

So one of my friends knows I like this girl. Like I really like her. She's been an awesome person to me. I just don't have the guts to ask her out because we are good friends. However my friend not a mutual one told me if I don't do it he's going to ask her for me. He's given me 7 days. Now I know this is immature and so does he but he said it is for the best and he's not bluffing. What do I do?

What Girls Said 1

• You have to do it yourself. Honestly, how do you expect her to respect you as a boyfriend if you can't even talk to her? Take the leap. Honestly.

I can talk to her. I'm just downright terrified to ask her out

You know what I meant. Do it yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• Go for it. Ask her out. The clock is ticking!
    Sometimes we have to experience things man it's a wonderful thing. Experience asking her out and see the results. You've got nothing to lose. Asking her would either do, A-She rejects you, no harm done. You both go your separate paths and you'll forget about it with time.
    B-She accepts the date and you'll be happy!
    Take care.