Do you ever just feel like you want to be loved?

I know I am just 18 but I have had my fair share of boyfriends that have made me become really mature. I thought my ex was my world, I thought we would be together forever.. but he just used me and cheated on me. So this year i started fresh, I dumped my ex, had the mindset that fuck love, all it brings is sorrow. However, I ended up on a mobile dating app and started talking to people, I currently have a casual relationship with a guy but as I see other people i know getting into relationships, finding that one, I just start getting really depressed. I just feel like i want someone to love me for me, someone to really show me what love truly is and not just take from me. I have these moments where I just cry because I feel like I can't attract the type of guys I want, that I end up settling for what I dont like and always end up hurt. Plus when what I want comes knocking at the door I can't even keep their interest in me serious instead of sexual. So anyone feel like me, and any suggestions on what I could do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I live to be loved... It sounds weird..
    But it makes me truly happy knowing someone adores me for being me..

Like... It just makes me smile. ❤️

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Date one guy at a time. Keep it low key. Don't expect anything of them and don't give in to THEIR wants!

Eventually, you will meet a guy that wants a second date, a third date, and so on. He will want to be with you because of you. Because he values your company. He won't ask for sex, because gentlemen don't do that. He will tell trust build up. He won't push you.

Eventually you and he will become an item, seeing each other as often as possible. Soon, you both will know you are right for each other. Magic will happen.

Im tired of dating guys, most just want sex.. my casual started off seriously then time restraints made it casual... but i dont think it'll ever go back to being serious :/

• I feel this way. I often dream of settling down with this perfect woman and living happy ever after. I've noticed something the other day and by listening to what I have to say just might help you. It all happened about two months ago where I was applying for this job and this man was applying for the same thing as me I assumed he'd be this serious guy with a lack of sense when it comes to humour... He just looked that way. We were both hired so fast forward a week from being hired and a week of working. My assumption was wrong. All he does was joke around and he laughs... A lot and is a nice guy that surprisingly loves Pokemon Go. The same thing happened with me when I introduced myself to the rookies... I gave an assumptions of what they may be like while working with them. My assumptions were wrong. I gave another assumption to this guy I don't know... I assumed he'd be a nice guy and all but I was wrong. He wanted to rob me, a guy he didn't know.

Moral of the story is; the one for you can be sitting across from you, he can be on this site, on your friend's list on fb he can be anywhere. There can be so many men with the personality that syncs with yours but you'll never know who unless you go out and be social, create small talk, get to know people, meet people, make friends... This I feel is the best way since I hate relying on chance to work things out for me. Do not become social only to find a man though this can be exhausting. Do it because you want to meet interesting people, do it to feel closer to society, do it because we're all in this World together, forever, till death do us apart.

🙌🏼 most genuine thing anyone has said to me.. Ever 👌🏼😌

I hope what I've said helps wishing you the best of luck.

• I suppose everyone does in one way or another.

• all the time, cause who wants to be hated, really :)

• nah I'm fine.

• I don't know I guess I have felt like that. I'm not a really talkative person, but sometimes I do display behavior that I just want to be loved.

• What all we need is love!!!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know I've been single all my life. Guys don't look at me like a sex object