Guys, is it a turn off when a woman comes on TOO strong?

Too strong would be asking the guy out, maybe more than once; saying she is attracted to him; that she likes him... Too strong is NOT the same as clingy. So she wouldn't message every day or be all up his ass, but basically a woman who knows what she wants so she doesn't wait for the guy to take iniative or doesn't have trouble speaking what she chooses to.

• Yes
    26% (26)
  • No
    64% (63)
  • Other/comment below
    10% (10)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

38

Most Helpful Guy

• It becomes a problem when the relationship is just beginning and she acts as if we're good old friends to go on a walk with her when you barely know her. The activity on date or the excessively fast intrusion into the private sphere can be a forcing hand or just considered intrusive or boring. So if it's too hard it forces a retreat and the guy thinks "Hey not so fast" or "None of your business". Everyone have a private sphere and one should not penetrate it too strong too fast.

What's wrong with going on a walk with someone for a first date or meet? How else would you meet or get to know one another?

Okay, thanks much for the answer!

yup you're welcome :)

What Guys Said 37

• Not by your definition of too strong. Knowing what you want and going for it is, in my eyes, quite attractive.

• No, if I like her, it's a big turn on actually.

• Coming on strong indicates that she is down to earth, assertive, and efficient communicator. I don't see how these qualities can be a turn off. Unlike how most women think, coming on strong won't make you look easy or slutty. It makes you look stronger and more mature which are huge turn ons.

• Usually, if a woman comes on as too strong, that would be a turn-off. What you seem to be describing is a confident woman who is doing everything just short/shy of coming on too strong - which is not a turn-off.

• I love women who come off as 'too strong.' Hell, I'd be enthralled if she just openly flirted with me and offered to take me home.

• depends on how much i like her. if i think she´s attractive but hardly know her, it will be slightly weird, but i´d still wait to see how she´s like.

• Psh, no. If anything it's a turn on.

• Yes, it would be turn off to most guys.

• It a turn-ON for me when she's confident enough to come on to me.

• Well, a woman like that has confidence. I find that sexy.

• No, it is not a turn off. I WISH WOMEN WERE LIKE THIS…NOT AFRAID TO INITIATE.

I have like no chill with guys. I don't get why you don't just show your interest. They either want you or don't, playing hard to get does not help the situation

yea, but think about u women also. a guy grows the guts to approach , initiate and you women most of the time blow him off in front of others…then you look for his attention?

• Nah I would appreciate that if she was like that

• I like strong confident women.

• If a woman wants to take the initiative, I do not find it a turn off. For me it is a relief, as I tend to upset women by misreading them. I am crap when it comes to understanding subtlety.

• i like women that can be themselves so if they are aggressive then its how they are and to me it would be a turn on

• No, sometimes, it's a turn on.

• It's a turn on. I like women who are confident and secure. It shows you're mature

• HELL no. I'm shocked the "yes" count is even 28%. I can't imagine why any guy would not like this.

• It really depends on how she does it.

• Depends on if I like HER or not.

• Nopes, thats attractive, confidence is the key and turn on for me

• Yes. Its not approachable.

• no such thing when it comes to fame games

• I voted no, but that's with the caveat that I'm into this woman.

• Ask once, maybe twice, I'm good. After that it becomes annoying and I don't do annoying.

• When has that ever happened? Lol!

You haven't met me! I scare guys away :(

• You have no idea.

To be honest coming on too strong is bad for any gender not just for men.

• no.. i wish girls would take things into their own hands more often actually.. i hate how we always have to initiate things

• Be wary of the know-alls who say it would be a problem to most guys. The polls will show they are wrong. They are the guys who go around saying they only date virgins and shit like that. They want women to be women from the 1950's.

• A take charge person reminds me of my self.

• More from Guys
    7