Are you being pressured to be in a relationship by any family members or friends?

So my family and friends keep pressuring me to find a man and date him. At the moment I am not interested in dating anyone for personal reasons. Every time I see them, they say oh have you found a man recently? And I keep rolling my eyes, bc its not the only thing in the world thats important, I don't need to be in a relationship in order to be happy...

Anyone feels like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it happens more frequently to single ladies while they are young and before the whole "biological clock" thing expires or becomes less effective and useful. After age of 35 or 36 or even 40 and then it probably won't matter as much and they should stop hassling you about it, since that "clock" had already expired, more or less.

Don't give into their pressure. Know what is best for you. They expect you to settle down asap and have kids or something, but that would be one of the WORST reasons to just marry, settle down and have a relationship or have sex and have kids.

Don't just jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd just because everyone else in your family or all of your other friends had or insists that it's the right way, only way or the highway.

Know what you really want to do and pursue your dreams and goals. If family and children was your first priority then yea, sure, go ahead and good luck with it.

BUT, if it is NOT, then you know what your priorities are. And everyone's priorities ARE NOT EXACTLY THE SAME.

Besides there are no absolute guarantees that relationships would last forever anyway.

wow.. you couldn't have said it any better. Thanks sweetie

So true. Thank you very much for your kind words.. I don't know if I'll be able to do that because I am too sweet of a person.

But I'll try tho

Can't be sweet and giving in and be submissive forever. Especially if you want them to STFU and showing you respect, you gotta take a stand or make a stand and stand up to them.

At some point you look them in the eyes tell them bluntly that enough is enough and that this is my life and this is gonna be my decision and my choice (s), you got that straight?

Because they don't own you and they can't control you and should not ever try and control you for what you really want to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not exactly pressured per say but they do joke "you wanna get yourself a man" or "when are you ever gonna get out and meet men and move out of you parents place" My brothers have made remarks about me being single at my age and not going out to try and meet guys.

What Guys Said 13

• No, I have never been pressurized by my family to have relationships.

Moreover the important point is I am a logical person and hence force and pressure will never work on me. I don't care who that would be, even if they are my family trying to do that. It still will never work on me.

• I am 31, soon to be 32, never had a girl friend, never even kissed a girl. Play 12 musical instruments, half way decent magician, no shortage of college degrees, I have had awesome jobs and life experiences, I am a huge success in many ways. Just not romantically. I have had a good life that I am happy with. Maybe someday I will find someone I want to build a life with, but right now, I have a great life and I am happy with it. If you are happy, don't let others spoil that by saying you need someone.

You sound like a fun person to hang out... even like my dream guy. Is there a reason why you never had a girlfriend before?

• Dudette what happened? Thought you were seeing a guy?

Not as much. Some of my family has mentioned it to me but I'm like whatever. I think it's more so with women compared to men.

I was. But we broke up some time now. Also ny family never approved of him. And now that I am single, they want me to find someone asap..

Thats the thing, I can't connect with many dudes. Maybe because I am picky with who I connect, personality wise. But thanks for your kind words

Nah its good to be picky. You'll meet another dude when your ready. Anytine!

• Yeah my friends do that. Its annoying but i think they just want me to be happy.

I dont want to be with someone because my friends want to be with someone because i love her.

• Do things in your own time, if they keep going on just say i have been asked on a date by a rich guy but he is married with one leg dya think i should go? lol

• no. they want me to focus on my studies, so... kinda the opposite, lol

• I've been pressured before and it's annoying

• tell them to pipe the fuck down.

it's your private life and has fuck all to do with anyone else

• No I'm not

• My friends gave up after I betted with them that they wouldn't find a girlfriend for me. They lost everytime (alltough I tried my best) ^^

• My parents sometimes bring it up. Fairly often. I think that they think I'm gay? Truth is that it just hasn't worked in my favor.

Oh my, same with me... they think I am lesbian... that's why they keep constantly telling me to find any man, as long he's a man...

Haha, ain't that the way.

• Why don't you want to be in a relationship?

for personal reasons. If I know who you are, then I would gladly tell you anon..

• It's just the opposite for me. I want love more than anything, but everyone seems to try to discourage me by saying things like "there's no such thing as love", or "relationships are a waste of time"

What Girls Said 9

• No- however I'm constantly being asked when they're going to meet him, i'm all for it, but not right now- I don't know when i'll be, Its not that i'm embarrassed or ashamed by my family just from past experiences, they're not the most affectionate so it made ex's feel as if they didn't like them, when in fact its just the way they are.

• nope. never even knew this kind of thing exist. no one cares if i date or not. except people who want to date me.

• Tell them to mind their own fucking business

• Not yet... but idgaf either way imma be single for as long as I want. Fuck them

• Not really bu it's prolly cause I'm still young. My parents think I'll be single forever though lmao

• Thankfully no

• More like pressured not to be in one.

• Yes always!

• Same with me