Would you date yourself?

If there is a person who is exactly like you, just of the opposite sex... would you date him/her?

Why or why not? :P

3mo I personally... I think I would, even though it would be difficult and nothing would get done with two lazy assholes line me
3mo *bump*

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes definitely :) I mean the reason i tend to get bored pretty easily with people I like is because we don't have that much in common and don't really have the same values and such. I know one of my best friends is very similar to me (in fact we have the same myers-briggs personality type) I really do enjoy life 100x more whenever I hang out with her, so I sort of have some kind of idea of what it would be like, so I guess if she/I was a guy and attractive to me then I would date, no doubt. Always wanted a relationship where we would be like best friends (aren't those the best relationships? :P )

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 113

• I have Dated and Mated Many guys who I have shared Similar Traits with but Never One, hun, who Was... Exactly like me.
    I am Unique in my own Way and to be with Someone, who was "Exactly like you," would Not make my Life... Interesting One bit.
    Good luck and Thank you for the Shout, @Yumix. xx

• errr... probably not.
    At first, I think sure, why not. I like to think that I'm a pretty good girlfriend and would love to be on the receiving end of some of the things I do once in a while. Until I realize that if I were to be with someone who (willingly) bends over backwards so much (figuaratively speaking) to make sure that their s/o is happy, it'd be like a constant tug of war. If I were to date myself, I can imagine us (?) getting in fights mostly because we both want to be the one obliging the other. :P

• No, that's just weird, haha. Being with someone JUST like myself would get frustrating. I'd like to be with someone that I have some similarities with, but can show me new things as well.

You would date KIVANÇ TATLITUĞ. Check him out if you wonder who this handsome man girls die for is.

• I thought my ex was like the male version of me... It was great to start with but near the end we clashed so much! We were different in ways of course but we were both really ditsy 😂 I'd rather date someone with a few common interests but not exactly like me, I'm a geek but I wouldn't wanna date a geek. Also I'm annoying as hell! I couldn't put up with me 😂

• my boyfriend is very much like me... but we aren't exactly alike. we have a ton in common, though we have enough differences to keep things interesting; if he was exactly the same as me, we'd have nothing to offer each other.

that's why i'm going to say no, i wouldn't date myself. even though she's charming, witty, and awesome, things would stagnate rather quickly.

• Very good question. I feel like if you wouldn't date yourself, that you shouldn't be in a relationship or pursuing one.

And no. Hell no lol I am not a good person.

• Haha well, if there would be I wouldn't. I need the little differences too. I love the unique things in people. The own preferences and cute little ways of being. It would be weird if the guy also looked like me. I once met a guy who looked a lot like me, he was really ugly though. I was not at all attracted to him and when he tried to flirt with me I was almost throwing up because it was so strange. He would probably have answered yes to this question.

• I would, and there would be sooooo many great things about the relationship since we would both be chill and not clingy or needy in the least, also not jealous or paranoid when it comes to the relationship, BUT > we'd be stubborn and butt heads a lot I think... But only 1 negative in a sea of positives - may just work. xD

• Probably not, that person would have nothing to teach me or honestly it'd be boring, they'd like everything i like, never going out of the comfort zone and trying new things lol.

• Honestly, no, I wouldn't

• 😱! Not in a million years!!!

I'd be crazy to date someone as immature as me.. 😨!!!
    I want someone that can be mature and have fun with me at the same time... Someone I can learn from 😁!! But if you are like me you can me my friend and laugh at everything and laugh at nothing with me😁😁😁😂😂!!! Best type of friends!! 😁!

• I'd be interested in myself IF I got the chance to know me. (I'm reserved, so, I'd be in the back doing my own thing)
    BUT Would I last with me, I don't know, I'm not very patient but I'm annoying as fudge. And I don't know if I pump for like 30 minutes or whatever to get me off. I dunno. I think my boyfriend is the right amount of patient and dedicated so, he's the perfect one :)

• Hell yeah. I'd be content. Relationship wise I am a good girlfriend

• No. He'd be partially submissive. Will pass.

Only 1 brat per relationship. <- Tis me.

• i would, totally! i think opposites attract, but i think if two people with the right personality together would b just perfect! we'd always be having fun and super happy. probably broke (lol) but it would b worth it. :)

• Nope 2 crazies don't go well together

• Seems kinda boring. Nothing to learn from him. Nothing to teach him. And then the fact that he wouldn't be strong enough to carry me over the threashhold on our wedding night. Lol.

• No I would never date someone like myself. I would make a terrible companion and be kinda emotionally unavailable.

• I well I have known a guy that is exactly well very similar to me, but I didn't date him but did it with him casually.. And still doing that. It's fun though when talking to someone that's very similar to you.

• No, I'm too indecisive. I need someone to pick stuff like what to have for dinner and such. Plus I'm too nice, I like a little spice to contrast my personality and drive me a little crazy in a good way. This is probably just because I found a guy like this because I really do like myself. I'd for sure be friends with someone just like me!

• Uhh! duh! I am perfect for myself...

• I doubt it :P I'd stress myself out way too much.

• lol some guy is on a downvoting rampage, hate selfcest that much? Its not even possible m8

to answer the question, yes if i could get past myself being annoying about history and science as well as be very opinionated, otherwise nope no thanks xD

And I just had someone messaging me about it thinking I downvoted her even though the +1 is on her opinion 😂

I feel your pain xD

• I have a guy friend who's almost exactly like me, we're on the same wavelength and think exactly the same things. We were almost going to date actually, (and I still would date him) but he ended up dating another girl :(
    But to answer your question, yes, I would.

• In the past i would say absolutely not. Now I'd say maybe, I'm becoming a happier person overall and it would be amazing to have someone who would get excited about the same things and upset about others. I think it would be a nice temporary relationship :)

• Yes, I'm awesome.

• I don't think I would haha. I feel like I'm a bitch. Sometimes it makes me wonder how can some guys still wanna date me lol. I really have high respect on them.

• Yes. Personality wise I'd be a perfect match for myself. But I am not so sure appearance wise hueheuhuehue

• I honestly have no idea I think yes but then again if I was in a guys body and looking at this as a guys I'd think totally different.

well the idea was you dating a guy with the same personality, traits, looks (equivalent), etc. and not you being a guy dating yourself :P

so that there is no "how would I think as guy"

Well I don't know how to export my looks into that of a guy. But my personality is kinda bitchy tbh and my I have weird traits and things I like so tbh I don't know if I would. It would come down on more deeper connections.

Don't think too much about it lol... if you'd see yourself as a 4/10 and overweight (Just an example) take the same for a guy

• No bc I drive myself insane half the time lol... I don't know how my boyfriend puts up with me lol

• More from Girls
    83

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 74

• I'd like to say it'd be great. I'd like to say we'd get along just swell and we would just write music all day and we'd be understanding of each other's problems perfectly.

However, if they were exactly like me, it may cause some issues. It may cause a sort of rivalry which could turn from friendly into bitter. Similar is nice, but I think same is pushing it. If similar leads to compatibility, I'd say same leads to annoyance.

I'm guessing dating a female version of me would be one of those things that seem like a great idea at first that turn out to be bad later on 😅

• At least someone would understand me!!!

• I divide my time between being distant, being availible but refusing to open up or being monstrously clingy, the latter is especially true when the other person is being distant. Generally I fluctuate between feeling suffocated and feeling ignored with no in between, I have a general philosophy of trying to be dependent on as little as possible making me a boring person in all aspects but in-depth philosophical discourse which I enjoy to the point that you will want to rip your ears off, while at the same time being so non-functional that I'll need a person to constantly be my babysitter and as self deprecating as I am I will be ridiculously defensive and sensitive when under personal attacks from someone else. I am basically the archetypal bad partner

• Nope you need someone who has similar but different interests. Otherwise in the long run you'd get bored. You need someone who wants to do new things and pushes you in a good way.

• I guess so. Whenever I start describing how I like my crush to be, lots of the time I start describing a lot of my traits.

• I'm the biggest fucking narcissist. I'd fuck myself. Infact, a lot of people support that. As I've been told to go fuck myself a lot. People really do love, care for, and understand me!

• Absofuckinglutely. If a girl plays Skyrim with the same determination as I do, I'm already sold. I'd marry her on the spot.

• No, I wouldn't date myself from the opposite sex, because I want to date a girl who is feminine and complements me instead of being my female twin.

If I was a woman I would date a guy like me though since while I do have my flaws and weirdness, I think I am definitely in the upper bracket of men out there in terms of kindness, love, masculinity, looks and intelligence.

• I'm tempted to say yes because I know myself too much, but I will say no because I know some traits I have that would need an opposite trait to coexist.

• if i was a chick i'd definitely date me. i'm a catch

• yes, I'm fun, easy going. I kinda did, I found my female counter part but we are friends.

• I wouldn't be a pretty girl :D

And since I know myself, I'd know all answers I'd get, no suspense at all.

You would think you are fucking perfect when you are a girl as long as you are not obese.

@Vivaldi
      If you say so...😐

• Exactly like me? No, but they gotta have at least a few things in common.

I think dating a person just like me would be just as boring as dating someone with nothing in common. There'd be nothing to learn about if a person was a mirror image of me just like thered be nothing to talk about if there was no common interests.

• hell no! :D I'll marry myself... if I ran into a girl that shares the same mindset and maturity as me I would marry her and keep her... nurture her... protect her... till my last breath. Basically I would think of that person and get lost in her eyes.

• Lmao no way. Too much of an asshole. I need a nice girl to balance me out really.

• I wouldn't want then to be exactly like me. That'd be boring. Them having my morals and perception would be really desirable though.

• I'd be fine with that, actually.

Although I think I might be a bit aloof and I struggle to pay attention to others sometimes, so who knows if I'd piss myself off over time!

• Nah, I need someone more serious because I tend to goof off a lot. Plus, I put out too easily because I'm kind of hoe-y.

• Nah, one of me is already enough of me to bear.

• Exactly like me? Same age and everything?

If the age is the same, then no way. Have you SEEN a 37 year old woman? Ugh. Yuck. No.

Now if we're talking same as me and within the acceptable parameters for age, sure I would.

• Nope, not if they were EXACTLY like me per se. Thing is, I want someone who's very similar, but also slightly different in some ways so we can actually have slight disagreements or different opinions on some things. Those are fun when they don't snowball out of control.

• i would say yes but i can be a fuckwit at times if not all the time.

I have got to a point in my life where i feel fuck it i'm old I have all i want and need who cares if i upset anyone i'm not here to please anyone.

• MYself? How does that look like= Raising a glass against a mirror? .. come to think, that could work :o

• No, I would not, since I don't date Asian women. I only like white women.

But I'm sure that a lot of men would want to date me if I was female, since I'd be a 6'2" Korean American goth and metalhead.

• Hell yeah!!
    Eat
    Sleep
    Fuck

• Yeah of course! I'm awesome xD

• Well I would get on with her because she shares the same interests and is like me but if she had some of the same looks then no way lol

• Holy mother of balls! she would be a sex obsessed, dark souled, metal loving chick and we could get married in black on a rainy day in the uk with dead trees.

• I'm an awesome ass dude... yes I would date myself!

• More from Guys
    44