He just ignored my text :( Why?

I'm 25 and he's 23, we've been seeing each other for about 3 months, during the first month he was like always calling me and wanting to see me, then things started changing, we didn't see each other as much, so I ask my friend (since he is her brother) and asked her if their parents had anything to do with it, and she told me yes, that they had told him that since I was older than him that I'd want to get married right away, that he wouldn't be able to give me the life I'm accustomed to, etc (their parents are very controlling). He kept telling me that he was very much interested in me, but things in his life had gotten rough and that he needed to better himself to be with me and that he needed to work, which I understood after I talked to my friend. So 3 weeks ago (we talked everyday, almost all day), on a Tuesday he WhatsApped me early in the morning telling me what he had for breakfast, good morning and a motivational quote, two hours later I replied and just got a one word answer from him and he started letting me on SEEN, so I just stopped. I didn't heard from him for the rest of the week and I knew he was going on a trip on Sunday because he had told me he needed to get away and clear his mind because of all the problems he has, and I didn't heard from him during the week he went away, so I sent him a WhatsApp when I knew he was back home, and he replied and told be how it went, etc and we kept talking until Wednesday that I went away, so I left him on seen because I was on a plane and on another country and I didn't have WiFi, so when I got to the hotel I didn't have a message from him, so I let it slip, the next day I didn't heard from him so I sent him a WhatsApp "It feels like you don't remember me"

3mo and he replied, of course yes, how are you? So I let him know what I was thinking and told him that I know he is no longer interested in me (since that's how I felt) to which he replied "It's not that I'm not interested in you, it has nothing to do with that, but I've been thinking and I'd like to be okay with my family and make more money, those are my priorities and I don't think I'll have the time to have a relationship right now" to which I replied "Okay, so now what?"
3mo and he replied "I don't understand what you mean by now what?" and I replied "You are doing the right thing by trying to make those changes and I'm happy about that, I just wanna know where are we going? I know you need time and I won't pressure you, I just wanna know if we are gonna keep going on like this that we barely talk now and if that's how's it gonna be i'd like to know it's not in vain, that we aren't just waisting each other's time" to what he replied

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants to let yu down easily. He won't tell you it's over for good. His family is traditional, and you are either 25 or 28, and you'll ALWAYS be older, so his family is not going to change their stance. Say goodbye in a pleasant way, there's no reason to get angry with him

by the way how old ARE you?

I just wanna know why he didn't reply my last message, I mean if he can't have a relationship that's why I said that he has a friend on me... why would he not reply?

Good luck.. he's embarrassed at being pressured by his family, that's all. His sister is more direct... she doesn't feel the need to be polite.

And thanks for the MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you're doing the most you can to save the relationship.

"Don't you think we should talk about this in person?". At first I told him yes, but then I started OVER thinking and just told him "No, forget it, I don't think it's necessary to talk in person, your actions have said more than what you can tell me, I really happy for the decisions you're making , but I'm not gonna make you a priority or wait for you, not because I don't want to, but because you keep meeting people and I don't know if you treat them the way you treated me, because you don't talk to me and I haven't heard from you what's going in your life, I just want you to know, that everything I have said to you, is true, in me you have a friend and you can count on me and when you have the need or want to talk to someone, I'm here... Make and effort and cheer up!" And I didn't hear from him since a week ago, not even an OK... WHY?

THIS is the end of my question hehe

What Guys Said 2

• Now what? He does whatever he wants now and might even come crawling back to you later. He probably won't have time to do more than text you once or twice daily.

THIS is the end of my question hehe

Sorry I replied the same message, it was this:

a week? in someone you are interested? I don't know if I'm right to think, that maybe he just decided not to answer because if he said YES he would regret it, and if he said NO, he would regret it as well? Since he is interested. The only thing I know for sure is he has no evil in him, he just got a lot going on, and more because of the things his parents said to him

I just don't know then. I'm not sure about how much I can help you.

• Find someone your age or older and forget about him, I don't see you in his future 🍃🍃💯

THIS is the end of my question hehe

A relationship is worth fighting for but you can't be the only one fighting, you seem like a very nice person, but you have to know when to let go, he more focusing on bettering himself 🍃🍃

I want to know why would he not reply to my last message?, Since he can't have a relationship right now that's why I told him he has a friend in me. But it's been a week and no reply, no nothing :(

What Girls Said 0