Are guys in college really any different from guys in high school?

Do they start to grow up a little bit? I'm not throwing shade or anything, because girls in high school were really childish too. I'm asking for the sake of dating. I'm really mature for my age, therefore I don't really get along with people in this age group, especially guys. I had trouble dating in high school, because most guys I met were very immature. They didn't want anything serious or played lots of games. I'm off to college in a week. I've been single for a year in a half after a bad break up, and I'm hoping I'll be able to find a nice guy at school. I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm going to a community college not a university. I'm 19. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• they say I'm really mature for my age too.. after elementary school I kind made myself distant to girls because everyone was trying to be "cool" doing stupid things. So I was a quite all the time had few friends that were not that popular. High school years were same I never let a girl see what my personality is because I was to scare of making a mistake. But no regret Im in university and still :D same mysterious guy that doesn't talk much and is distant to girls. In my opinion mostly people change lots of my guy friends have changed they were good people in high school now there just fooling around our friendship have become distant since we don't follow the same path. I'm a type of person thats gonna settle in for a really serious relationship when the right time comes. Just saying people that are quite have lots of things to say maybe you'll run into really nice guys that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're a little different. There are guys that act the same way but just add drugs and alcohol and parties.

What Guys Said 4

• Mature sounds kind of boring to me. I don't get along so well with mature people. Maybe you could find a really boring guy at university. Just look for one that dresses in a very boring way and always sits in front of the class.

• Of course they will be different, in college they will be a bit more mature than a high school teenager. Yes the level of maturity will differ for sure.

• A little more mature, even in community college. Because it's typically the more mature of high school boys who go on to college in the first place. Plus, you're all paying to be there. That puts a little bit of maturity in people.

• Somewhat the same for the first year, but changes throughout.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that you'll find there will be guys who act like children no matter how old they are. It's better to look for individuals who have the qualities you like rather than trying to sort them into boxes to pick out of.

• No. Don't believe the hype. College boys are trying to get as much sex as they can, just like any other guy.