Is he saying that he is looking for marriage?

I've been seeing this guy for a couple of weeks now. Last night we had a conversation about marriage. I actually didn't bring it up - he did.
He's 33 and I'm 25 by the way. He said that most of his friends his age were married and starting to have families. He also said that you needed to be picky and find the right match. He said a lot of people just get married for the fun of it and not for love. So he more or less stressed the importance of marrying for the right reason.
Later on he said that a lot of his co-workers were single moms because they had made the wrong decision in their youth and that he didn't wanna marry someone unsuitable and then end up a single dad with kids.

When I asked him if his parents wanted him to marry someone specifically from his own background, he said no. He said that he would be fine with marrying someone who took an interest in his culture and his customs/traditions. He then went on to say that it wasn't necessary for the person to convert to his religion.

Finally, he turned to me and said that I was quite mature for my age considering the fact that I was only 25.

Why would a guy start talking so much about marriage? Is he possibly hinting that he wants to get married sometime soon?

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like he is

What Girls Said 1