Would you rather date someone who is funny? Or romantic?

0|0
28|19

Most Helpful Guy

• Romantic. Laughing is great but you can only do so much laughing every day. Someone expressing their romantic feelings for you gives a feeling of satisfaction and security that you feel 24/7.

2|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 28

• Romantic all the way! Because I'm a hopeless romantic and I've always wanted some romance in my life for a while haha and a romantic guy would be perfect! Funny would be great too, but romantic is more important to me. :)

0|2
    0|0
    • 3mo

Nice answer.

• Show All
    • 3mo

Thank you again! I hope to see around here more. I really enjoyed talking with you! 😊

• 3mo

@MusicLover8098 Yup! It was great talking to you too!

• Funny. Romantic is nice but even though I'm depressed I'm constantly laughing at stuff so I need someone who loves to laugh too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would choose humour, I'm not one of those women who expect romantic gestures from a man. I love men who can make me laugh

0|1
    0|0
  • Funny

0|2
    0|0
    • 3mo

No romance?

• Show All
    • 3mo

But you said it yourself, you don't get to pick both here, remember? If he did anything which makes you think of love, even if he's not trying to, then he'd be being romantic. That's the definition of "romantic". And if the romantic guy isn't allowed to be funny as well, and can only be romantic, then the funny guy isn't allowed to be romantic either- he can only be funny.

• 3mo

@SinghSong ugh what are you getting at? What's the point in asking me more about this?

• Tbh, neither as I personally am neither.

ie: I like serious people with sharp biting witty observations about life.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

Wow, really? Funny, cuz for some reason I always imagined you to be someone with a sense of humor, even on EP. Or at least it always seemed like it to me.

• Show All
    • 3mo

I want people to know that I am totally SINCERE... which is almost impossible for me because my life + my views + even the way I look is "too different" to ever be taken seriously.

• 3mo

I see.

• Depends on how often they are funny or romantic. If he's making jokes all the time and we can't even go on a candle lit dinner? Fuck that guy.

If he romanticizes everything and is always trying to make shit seem romantic? Fuck that guy too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think someone who is funny but I hope he is not the type who hates romance either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both! :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Funny > romantic.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather date the whole package with some roses and a trip to Monte Carlo :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Aw why do I have to choose?
    Romantic I guess, I'm funny enough lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Romantic. It's hard to make me laugh and I usually end up being the funny one in the relationship anyway. I don't mind a good joke here or there, but usually guys that can make me laugh turn into just friends anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally both but I give funny the edge.

0|0
    0|0
  • Romantic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sarcastic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone who is funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not both? But If I had to choose I would choose funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Why does funny matter more?

• Show All
    • 3mo

@brain5000 yes I hate when guys put girls on a pedestal. It's a major turn off.

• 3mo

@Angie221 do you agree with my explanation of why women are averse to pedestals in my previous comment, or would you explain it some other way?

• Definitely both, but more funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can you give me examples of the..'romantic' guy, because I'm going with Funny right now

0|0
    0|0
  • More funny, but I wouldn't mind a little bit of romance.

0|0
    0|0
  • FUNNY!!! Forget the flowers.. I welcome the laughter wrinkles!!

0|0
    0|0
  • funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally both, but out of the two, I would pick someone who is romantic.

0|1
    0|0
  • FUNNY

0|0
    0|0
  • sarcastic!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have to choose, my SO is both ^_^

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• Funny girls are easier to get along with. A girl that identifies as a romantic expects too much shit that I dont have time for.

0|1
    0|0
  • Romantic. By the way you'd need a poll.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

I avoid using polls anymore. I like to hear feedback from people. Polls just get instance clicks.

• 3mo

Oh, ok. Yeah, you got a point here. Although I usually vote and comment why... But that's me lol

• You can live with a funny person 24 hours a day for a lot of time.

But 24 hours of romance? ... no no no... i would jump from the window after 1 week,

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a romantic comedian, does that count?

0|2
    0|0
  • Girls are neither so I am screwed.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd pick someone who holds a healthy dosage of either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Funny n Witty

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone who is funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Romantic without funny is just creepy

0|1
    0|0
  • Wait, what? I'm both. I don't need a romantic girl though... But she has to be funny. (And appreciate me being romantic too, even if she isn't.)

0|0
    0|0
  • women are ont funny
    so romantic maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • funny, no doubt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny

0|0
    0|0
  • funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely romantic. I want a girl who appreciates the beauty of love as much as I do

0|1
    0|0
  • Funny I think

0|0
    0|0