Is it that bad dating someone you're not very attracted too?

I'm dating a somewhat nerdy guy with mild-moderate acne that I'm not too physically attracted to. I don't love him but like him a lot and feel safe around him.

The reason I'm dating him is because he's unlikely to cheat, would suck at telling a lie, I don't hear too much NO and I get to decide where we're going out most of the times. For years ever since I was a kid, I've been trying to avoid the replica of my father who was a serial cheater and abusive towards my mother. I'd rather drown than let a boyfriend or husband ever control me and I'm looking out for myself.

3mo Don't get me wrong. I'm not living off him. I'm in my 1st year of college and my major is business management. I just feel I'm safe with him in a relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's bad dating a person you're not attracted too the level of understanding can really be beneficial

What Guys Said 5

• When I first started dating my ex, I wasn't really attracted to her physically, she had acne problems and wasn't really the standard of pretty. But I liked her personality and who she was, she was a great girl. As the time went on she became more pretty, I loved her with all of my heart.

The point is, looks change, what really matters is personality. Sadly as her looks changed so did she...

If he changes his personality for the worse, I'll dump him.

• But is he that hideous? If you love him, that's all that matter, we are all the same inside, and looks fade

He's not ugly but maybe if he lost a couple Ibs and got something for his acne issues, maybe he'll be more attractive.

Talk to him about it, but don't be too straightforward, you can say something like: " Would you like to start crossfit/cardio routines to be a more healthy couple? "

Thanks

• That depends on mutual expectations, of course. Leading the other on or not.

Ok. Though I have to admit that if he's the only option and I feel safe with him, I'll stay with him.

• Yes, why waste you and the other person time

He's my safe option and I'll be less likely to undergo what my mother did.

• I wager that you will dump the nerd and get with a bad boy who cheats on you and abuses you.

Didn't you read my sentence? I hate someone that shows any signs of wanting to control me. I hate my father and will spit on his grave when he dies. I would be happy the day he dies.

I'm the dominant one in the relationship. That's what I vowed as a child as it should be.

You have daddy issues. I repeat: You will be the cum-slut for some wannabe thug within 2 years.

What Girls Said 1

• if you like him then it is ok