Is it that bad dating someone you're not very attracted too?

I'm dating a somewhat nerdy guy with mild-moderate acne that I'm not too physically attracted to. I don't love him but like him a lot and feel safe around him.

The reason I'm dating him is because he's unlikely to cheat, would suck at telling a lie, I don't hear too much NO and I get to decide where we're going out most of the times. For years ever since I was a kid, I've been trying to avoid the replica of my father who was a serial cheater and abusive towards my mother. I'd rather drown than let a boyfriend or husband ever control me and I'm looking out for myself.

Updates:
3mo Don't get me wrong. I'm not living off him. I'm in my 1st year of college and my major is business management. I just feel I'm safe with him in a relationship.

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's bad dating a person you're not attracted too the level of understanding can really be beneficial

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• When I first started dating my ex, I wasn't really attracted to her physically, she had acne problems and wasn't really the standard of pretty. But I liked her personality and who she was, she was a great girl. As the time went on she became more pretty, I loved her with all of my heart.

The point is, looks change, what really matters is personality. Sadly as her looks changed so did she...

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

If he changes his personality for the worse, I'll dump him.

• But is he that hideous? If you love him, that's all that matter, we are all the same inside, and looks fade

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

He's not ugly but maybe if he lost a couple Ibs and got something for his acne issues, maybe he'll be more attractive.

• Show All
    • 3mo

Talk to him about it, but don't be too straightforward, you can say something like: " Would you like to start crossfit/cardio routines to be a more healthy couple? "

• 3mo

Thanks

• That depends on mutual expectations, of course. Leading the other on or not.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Ok. Though I have to admit that if he's the only option and I feel safe with him, I'll stay with him.

• Yes, why waste you and the other person time

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

He's my safe option and I'll be less likely to undergo what my mother did.

• I wager that you will dump the nerd and get with a bad boy who cheats on you and abuses you.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Didn't you read my sentence? I hate someone that shows any signs of wanting to control me. I hate my father and will spit on his grave when he dies. I would be happy the day he dies.

I'm the dominant one in the relationship. That's what I vowed as a child as it should be.

• 3mo

You have daddy issues. I repeat: You will be the cum-slut for some wannabe thug within 2 years.

What Girls Said 1

• if you like him then it is ok

0|0
    0|0