Would you MARRY someone that is HARDCORE religious?

People that believe in only one religion and think that the rest of the world is going to hell/are completely wrong if they don't follow the same beliefs as themselves. I am personally Catholic but believe that everyone has the right to their own opinion and that "God" (whoever that is to you) wanted us all to be different and believe what we want. Why argue about religion when that's the last thing God himself would do. We should all respect eachother for who we are and live our lives happily and peacefully with one another.

I'm open minded and respect all opinions
SO what do YOU think?

• Yeah, I don't see a problem with that
  • NEVER! That would not turn out good

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? No. I'm not hardcore religious myself, and if/when we have a child, the religious person would insist on their beliefs being thrust on the child. Even if they didn't, I'm sure religious stories would be told which would influence them. I think in the case where parents are two different religious beliefs the child should have knowledge of both (when old to understand) and can choose for themselves. But as with most religious, religious people believe the religion should be taught early to ensure acceptance to the afterlife. And there would no doubt be fights over going to a religious or non-religious school.

Yeah for sure, it would be difficult especially for the innocent kid

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience, people that are very strict religious have a bad past. They either were heavy into drugs, were an alcoholic, or something and they turn very religious to make up for it. The annoying thing is that they tend to always criticize every little thing of other people, even though in reality, they have done WAY worse and have no real moral authority to be criticizing them.

What Girls Said 25

• *Simon Cowell voice* THAT'S GOING TO BE A NOOOOO... FOR ME.

Plssss gib me another chance

Basically people put too much thought on the messenger and not enough attention on the message 👌yeah u better get me jk lol

Omg 😱I'm so offended! How could you 😖😖😖

• Hell no.

Atheists and hardcore religious folks don't mix.

• Nah I'm not religious and I wouldn't be able to deal with someone who wants me to convert or join them

• I'd be open to it, like a fool, but soon see the error of my ways and not go through with it...

• Absolutely not & most likely they wouldn't wanna marry me either because I'm an atheist.

• Lmao according to this poll I'll never have a husband

Not true everyone's different so things could work out for you that wouldn't for others. But yeah a lot are going for the no answer

Especially like 80% of the guys haha. Wait until some religious chick with big tits comes and they're going to quickly change their answers.

😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆😂Ahhhhh it's good to laugh sometimes...😆😆😆

• Hell no, that would drive me insane.

• Never because I'm not a religious person, and I'd never handle someone who would probably be trying to shove their religion down my throat--NOT for me.

• No..

• Probably not, I'm not an overly religious person myself so I don't think I could deal with that.

• Nope, I've already got parents like that so I know how it is lol

So at least it showed you what it would be like and now you know whether you would do it yourself or not.

It really is

Well nice talkin to you. Thanks for your opinion on this 😎

• I'm a Christian, but I will never date or marry someone that is hardcore. They are the ones that give us a bad reputation.

• Nope, they are so evil. They like to judge. Also our lifestyles will not match up well.

• i dated a religius guys... but hardcore religius-NO!!!

• Nope, I don't think I would.

• I will pass. I do not need that kind of drama.

• Heck No

• It depends.

Ok how. I really think it's black and white but let's see why you think it depends

Well nice talkin to you and thanks for the opinion about this! 😊

No, problem. 😊

• No way!!! They're crazy

• HELL NO!

• probably not.

• Nah uh, seems like I'd be asking for controlling and judgmental

• Yeah, I don't see a problem with that. As long as he let me watch my anime and listen to kpop :)

• No, never. It could never work.

• If they are a Christian like me, then yes. If they don't know how to live life or communicate without arguing about religion all the time, then I probably wouldn't even want to date them but I see no problem in being passionate for God. I'm not going to marry someone who's not a Christian.

Ok. Yeah people can be passionate about God I agree fully with you but it's those that go to the extreme and say all other people are going to hell if they aren't Christian for example. what's the purpose, you are disrespecting other people and really doing something that God and Jesus would not agree upon under any circumstances am I wrong. And there's no issue wanting to marry someone only that's Christian but if you only want friends that are Christian than that's a "little" stupid if ya ask me/unethical

Personally, I'm indifferent towards your opinion. Think and feel how you'd like; it's your business and so long as it's not hurting anyone, I sincerely don't really care.

Yeah which is just fine. Thanks for the opinion nice talkin to ya

What Guys Said 23

• As long as she didn't shove her religion down mine or other peoples throat and was understanding that people have their own points of view and accept it, yes I'd be open to it. If she just REALLY believed and pretty much depended on it (How i see hardcore religious) but didn't feel the need to force it on others yeah.

• I really don't believe or think or even see myself ever marrying anyone, regardless of what they believed in religiously.

That's not good to say unless you actually don't want to get married.

• Sadly, probably not. It's nothing I've got against religious people per se, just one of the major fundamentals of religion itself. Which is to love God above all. The reason religious relationships work is the because both people love God more than each other. However, if say I were in a relationship with a religious girl, I would love her more than anything, but I would always have in the back of my mind "she'll NEVER pick you over her God". And that would break my heart to no end

• I won't Marry someone who is Hardcore religious nor someone who is a slut...

I want someone in middle...

By the way i know a girl who is Hardcore religious... She was a MAJOR turnoff to me... Maybe it was her dull personality combined with her being super nerdy and religious...
    On top of that she was a bitch too... I hated her.. :-/

• Nope.

• Hardcore relgious? Date maybe, marriage no.

• As an atheist absolutely not she would totally get on my nerves and probably vice versa. If fact if they are not rich I see no reason to marry anyone at all. I don't see the point if there's no tax benefits since it's just a contract allowing either party to fuck the other one over if there's no prenup attached.

• Yes I would, i am an intellectual Catholic so i wouldn't mind so long as they know why they believe

• Absolutely not. I dated a fundie once. She turned out to be batshit crazy and she assaulted me when I told her I was an atheist. I'll never make that mistake again.

I wish people just weren't so Fukin selfish and hardcore about every little detail in life. I mean racism is a problem and people are beginning to understand the unethical side of treating races differently than one another but I view religion as the same thing too. I think it's flat out Fukin "racist" to view someone differently cause of their religion

• No, because people like that don't change their way of thinking. It's like a dark lord of the sith; they only deal in absolutes. Either you're with them or you're against them.

• I would so turn her into a bad girl

• depends on the religion... christian? FUCK NO!

and really ANY abraham based religion (ie xianity, islam, judaism) hell no.

any eastern religion-sure, they tend to be live and let live.

Ok that's fine but are you FRIENDS with any people of those religions. I get that you wouldn't want to marry them but do you just flat out HATE them?

well.. then that's not the biblical god. and since the bible is what christianity's doctrine is... that IS the christian god i speak of. jesus was "god in the flesh" he DID DO all those things I mentioned... You can reinvent him all you like and have a personal god and nobody can say a thing, but you keep saying you're christian-that god is already defined and it sounds like you don't believe in him.

You might look up the "Jefferson Bible" or as he titled it "The Life and Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth" i bet you'd find that very appealing to you as you sound like a good person. Jefferson took the christian bible and edited out all the bullshit, the miracles, the hate, the rape, the murder, etc.. he had 40 pages left (of the 1850 pages or whatever it is to begin with in the 66 book bible (protestant)) or perhaps the Deist god-the god of the framers of the Constitution like Jefferson, Madison, and the influencers like Paine (Most of all). etc. there's many decent gods o

Ok but to me he is still God himself and Jesus and I'm still Christian. Idc what others say or think about Christianity cause I disagree with their hardcore thoughts. I didn't create a new God I just see him differently and choose to believe what I think is right and not believe every little thing that is said, written in the bible, or taught by Christians.

It's so sad cause so many churches are even corrupt and prioritize money overall just like the one that believes money can pay for your sins!!! Now that's just flat out corruption brought to the religious world and is very Fukin rude to use God for money.

• What is hardcore religious? Is that like conducting mass with electric guitars and loud kick bass while the priest drinks legit blood? Sounds too hardcore for me bro. I like the old lady religious, sitting in pews, smell of hairspray and monotone priests.

• Nope, every second they'd be yelling "YOU SINNED" over the littlest of things.

• I'd avoid them!

• For me in order to marry she has to be a Christian too. Because I am. Let me see you inside the church building at least haha

Understandable. But do you have friends that are other religions cause if so than you are open minded and respect others. It's fine if you want to marry someone of the same religion cause I probably will too but you can't only have friends that are the same religion cause you hate everyone else like Jews and Muslims etc.

I have more friends that have no religion more than having a friend of a different religion than me. I live in an area were there is no other temples or in any other form but Christianity, I'm limited there.

Ok but it's not like you avoid those other religious people purposely. As long as people don't hate others and disrespect them for having a different belief I think it's just fine.

• No i would never do that.

• Makes me wanna puke even thinking about it.

• Its tuff for a few reasons

One someone who believes in 'their' religion is completely closed of to others. Meaning they think their shit is where its at.

Second problem is they will always put blind faith before anything else, meaning blind faith before her husband

Id prefer a more commited women

• Seems a bit extreme to marry them. huhhuhhuh :)

• i feel like i might come 2nd in the relationship a lot of the time

• As an atheist, I must say - no way :P

See personally I have no problem with you believing in nothing/no god. I don't think you are messed up or deserve less than anyone else in this world.

• Nahh not me