Do guys like quiet/slightly awkward girls?

I'm really awkward around guys, especially those I don't know well.
I grew up without any guys around the house, and I don't really have many guy friends as well.
Most of my guy friends are pretty girly anyways. So I'm more comfortable around them.

I'm a reserved and pretty shy person. I never talk much in class or in group activities for clubs. I SUCK at initiating conversations. If someone starts it and knows how to maintain it, then I naturally go with the flow (this is with girls).
With guys it's pretty nonexistent (initiating convos, i mean). It's so hard to come up with questions to ask them. I feel like if I start to ask too many questions, I will seem too flirtatious. So I usually end up asking them like... nothing. lol
Most of my friends know that I'm a talkative and initiative person once they get to know me. I'm not a mean person or anything. But I think guys and some girls think I am since I'm so quiet?

Do shy girls seem approachable? I have never been approached by guys before. T_T
Would you try to talk to a girl if she is a bit awkward and shy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually like quiet/shy girls. I'm more attracted to them, as i am quiet and shy myself. I never talked to a quiet/shy girls because I'm the type of person that speaks only when spoken to. I'd never go and just speak to a random stranger (even in my classes or anyone on campus, im also in colege) unless i need something that I dont have. Its not that your not unapproachable but how can 2 people who don't talk get to know eachother? I don't know if im conveying my theory clearly but yea. I hope I helped :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Shyness can be cute. It's also okay to express how nervous you are, so that he'll know you're not coming from a bad place. But eventually you have to start talking otherwise, he'll think he's talking to a wall.

I find that with most guys, the girl has to do slightly more of the talking at first to get him to open up. But that shouldn't take a lot of work. Just talk about your surroundings or what's been going on. Be genuinely interested and curious.

As for guys approaching, it's helpful having open body language. Smile, no arms crossed, or other closed off body language.

What Guys Said 3

• Lol I'm the same😂except I smile and blush way to much. I like some shy girls except they don't seem to take a liking to me😣

• Introverts are not very favored by our society. Whether it's dating, jobs, etc. It definitely takes work on your part to be more talkative. You can still be an introvert, but you need to be able to show openness to communication.

• Well I find shy girls approachable only because I'm also pretty shy.

What Girls Said 2

• They like normal girls

• Girl, that's so sweet. i'm a little shy to. Ain't nothing wrong with it. I mean i have a hard time speaking to guys as well. I have a lot of guy friends but it's easier because they have girlfriends and i can speak to them with no problem because i know they're taken. But if it's a single guy that's really sweet and smart. I get really awkward around them but the best thing to do to overcome being shy is try. that's all i have to say. what's the worst that can happen. if u like a guy try having a friend say," She's shy to say this but she likes you and would like to get to know you." guys like shy girls not creepy shy but cute shy.