Would you date someone you didn't click with or had nothing in common with?

If you went on one or two dates had very little conversation and the date didn't last an hour would you continue to date them or even be in a relationship with them.

3mo Would you give them a second chance to see if you might click?

Most Helpful Guy

• No what is the point? If you're in a relationship then you two are practically each other's favourite person no?

Most Helpful Girl

• It has happened to me quite a few times in Dating... I always give them a Second Chance o see if there might be a Romance.
    However, I have been Fooled a Few times as well. Just When I thought they even would always Be just like a Bro... What do you Know...
    Good luck and Great question. xx

What Guys Said 27

• Sounds like torture. I'm already forced to spend much of my time with people I don't like. I wouldn't do it voluntarily.

• It really depends, if it is just a slow start I wouldn't care , it's hard for some people to build up to conversing. How much is there to talk about anyways? You have to focus on the surface things and that's about it. That shit is boring, but it can lead to better conversations later. I might stay if I didn't feel like we were forcing it

• Depends, most likely not but if they're just shy on the first date and then open up on the 2nd date then probably. If they're always like that then it's a deal breaker.

I hate being on dates where it's quiet unless I'm talking. I feel like I'm trying too hard and at times girls like that act like it's all my fault there's awkward silences. Ironically these are the same ones who give one word replies and do nothing to further the conversation.

Having said that, a girl doesn't have to be EXACTLY like me because in that case, there'd be nothing new to learn about them but at least have a few things in common. You can't completely lack things in common just like how you can't completely lack physical attraction.

Damn that's crazy. Well I decided to give her another shot at that time and was gonna tell her to slow it down but couldn't find an appropriate time. I feel that kinda talk is best in person.

Yea it is. But if you can't get the chance to do it in person second best is over the phone. So she blew it before you got a chance?

• On one date you CAN'T know a shit from that person. Come on!! It takes time to know that person and have feelings for.

One thing I HATE the most is facing the first date putting a lot of pressure on you to like or not because of common things.

And I want to make it clear, that's what I think, one thing is common things and another completely thing is her personality and her values. I'm not gonna reject a woman because she prefers beach than mountain and I prefer the second one. Or she likes horror movies and I like superheroes movies. Or she loves dancing and I'm not good at it... maybe I could make a try.

What it matters is her real personality and values.
    I'm not gonna fall in love because she likes pizza and me too.

Physical attraction is another important thing. If I don't find her physically attractive, there's not even a date to me.

• No. Don't think so. But I'd be up for sex though.

Nope, if you can't "click" on the first date, it is already a sign that your relationship is dead. Love at first sight is true.

• Not having much in common isn't a problem, but if I didn't click with her then I definitely wouldn't.

• Feck no. Interacting with people like that just turns into work.

• Yea, sure. Sorry we are not computer mouse.. Sometimes people don't click instantly. But maybe you'll find the software compatible after installing a few programs :p

• being in close relationships with women who are nothing like me are most preferred, you shouldn't be alike.. I'm brown (though mestizo) and I appreciate pale blonde girls the most.. what do we have in common? Almost nothing, but we're so different and that's what makes the relationship so great

• i dont know. if the date didn't last long i would assume she wasn't interested. that doesn't mean i won't still give her chances with me.

• First few dates with little convos a turn off? Really? Shy people juz need the time and patience to open up to u before they start being all over ur face. Its nothin' that they can change cuz its their nature so people shouldn't hold it against them and let time gives u the answer that u long desired for. Its not kool ditching the shy people. They are humans too 🤘🏼

I definitely agree with you. But when your not into having a convo but keep trying to invite you back to thier place and they keep trying to touch you in a inappropriate way thats not shy.

Lol just did 👍

Unless if its Asian boi, u can stay as long as u want 😉

• I would give her a second chance for sure but if it still doesn't work then I would not date them... Lol

• As long as they are hot and were willing to fuck sure. In the end sex is all that needs to be in common, the rest is just fluff.

• I would give a second chance. But if after 2 to 3 dates things are dull then I wouldn't date them any longer.

• I would not. That sounds boring as fuck.

• I have done and wish I hadn't. More than once.

Wow. You regret it all period?

I don't regret the 1-night stands but I do regret the relationships. Connection and overlap of interests means a lot to me. Otherwise it's like hydrogen and oxygen in the same cylinder without the spark.

Oh ok. I get it.

• Second date. First date you or the other could be having an off day

• They might become my friend, but dating material... Not a chance

• nope

• If you don't click with someone, it be kinda hard to develops romantic feelings.

• Depends on how good the sex is

• Nope I wouldn't

• click? are you british?

• Did she put out and did I enjoy it? That's all women have to offer, so that's all I care about.

• I could do it. If she can put up with me I can put up with her. I don't need a social connection.

• no i wouldn't

• Let's be honest here- if the guy was wealthy and/or famous, practically every girl would.

No. Lets say your looking for a relationship but the people that i actually have had a connection with it doesn't go but so far. Convos for hours we get along fine and have fun and then they go m. i. a.

What Girls Said 42

• Nah I'd probably just leave it be. A relationship definitely not if I'm not able to hold a conversation with them. It would never work out.

• No, probably not. I can usually tell whether I click with a person right away, there's not even much convo needed for this for me. It's just mutual attraction towards attitude and the physicals. You know the way you look at the other person and that fire in their eyes and you get that feeling like you're really nauseous (yes, this is me describing "butterflies" lmao)? If, in addition to that, I find that we share the same viewpoints on big topics like religion/politics/lifestyle/filler, and intellectually stimulating conversation is possibly with that person we have a winner 👍

• HELL no. I wouldn't have a relationship with someone like that, let alone friendship.
    Your relationship would be based on what exactly? Sex? Looks?

• Tbh, I actually end dates I don't enjoy with variations of "I'm sorry but this really isn't working."

• Second date is usually the deal breaker. First date is all nerves and posing. Second date starts to get more real. If we don't click after second date, I'm done.

• probably not; a spark isn't something you can force. if we had nothing in common on the first date, that won't change and we'd both be miserable.

• Not really, I usually can tell with the first date.

• Nope, not even a question.

• I've tried a few times and don't want to do that again. At least a few common interests. I know sometimes there is an awkward stage where we still need to get to know each other, so I give it like 5 dates. If there is just absolutely nothing, then I let him know I'm not interested and move on.

• No, I wouldn't.
    To me this is a sign that the relationship wouldn't work. We would just waste our time if we tried it.

• I'd give it a try but I doubt it would work out

• No I might give him a 2nd chance but that's about it.

• No. What's the point?

• nope

• Nope. I want to be with someone I can connect with and have fun with. Why invest time in someone you dont see a future with?

• Nope. We'd just both be unhappy and being setting ourselves up for hurt farther down the road. A guy definitely doesn't have to be my exact carbon copy for me to like him. That would be weird if that was the case. However, I do have to actually enjoy spending time with him.

• Nope

• No, it will just waste both of our time and energy

• no lol what would be the point?

• Probably not. Yawn... life's too short to waste time like that.

• No!!!

• Not really, chemistry is really important.

• Noooope...

• no, no and no :D

• If we don't click then I find no reason to be dating a person.

• nope. I wouldn't be able to do that. No matter how cute. I would get so bored.

• No, not worth it

• No. There's no chemistry

• What's the point? I'm a sucker for instant connections.

• No. what the hell is the point of that

• More from Girls
    12