I didn't know he has a girlfriend and we've been hanging out a lot. Am I in the wrong? I feel really bad?

I've been hanging out with this guy a lot, and it's always just the two of us. Even though we haven't kissed or done anything like that, we flirt a lot and spend a lot of time together. I even drove around town with him for 2 hours one night and we just talked. I assumed he was single because he never talks about a girlfriend, only an ex girlfriend occasionally. Also, he's never with any girls and he texts me and calls me all the time. So I thought it was obvious he was single. Well anyway, today a mutual friend told me that he has a girlfriend and it crushed me. I feel terrible and I feel like a bad person for spending so much time with a taken man. But why didn't he tell me about her either? I just feel like I was lead on and I feel like an idiot. All this time I thought he was such a sweet guy, and then I find this out. And he never mentioned a girlfriend... ever. Not even once. What should I do? And am I in the wrong?

What Guys Said 1

• No, you're definitely not in the wrong, he's the one in the wrong because he didn't tell you. I'd just back away if he's got a girlfriend, unless he breaks up with her and comes to you it's pointless thinking about him in that way.

What Girls Said 2

• If a Person can betray their Significant other then they are not sweet. Could you imagine if he did tell his girlfriend he was hanging out and talking to another girl everyday, what would she think? It's not right, he didn't tell you or her. You need to decide if you want to be around a person who pretty much is screwing over his girlfriend and you. And of course she will eventually find out some way and then it's downhill from there.

• He prob. is a sweet guy.
    Now that you know.
    What are you planning to do?