Is it harder to be short girl or short guy?

Both women and men want tall partner for strong genetics and it is attractive to be tall. But isn't attractiveness more important factor for women?
Women want tall handsome guys but a short guy can attract her with his charm, sense of humor, status, intelligence or money. But reverse is not possible, majority of guys dont want a girl they dont find attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• The height itself becomes a problem, in my opinion, only when it is severely above or below the normal height (when you have a giant or dwarf, no offense by the way). When height isn't shocking because the person is way too tall or short, proportions are important. For example, in both gals and guys, long legs are considered attractive. That means a 160 cm gal with long legs is going to be more beautiful than the same gal with the same legs but with a 180 cm height due to a longer torso. Proportions matter more than height in general. Also a gal with long legs looks tall, no matter how short she might be (well, not too short either, of course). Then, to be below the normal height is common. Girls are "forgiven" for not looking strong if they are short. A short guy looks weak (unless he packs some serious muscle), a short gal too, but weakness is sort off ladylike, but unmanlike. A short man looks like he lacks manhood, looks weak and can even be sort of despised for it. He's not fitting society's expectations. For these reasons, I'd say short guy, in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• Men prefer short women. Women prefer tall men.
    That will give you the answer to your question.

• Being a short guy is much harder because they aren't as strong and can't protect their family as much. I honestly don't know how short guys can handle it. Life would be too stressful for me to handle if I was very short as a guy.

Being a short girl doesn't matter I think. Well, unless it interferes with you getting things off a shelf or driving your car. I'm more attracted to shorter girls usually. They seem more cuddly. Girls don't need to be tough at all and it is okay. As long as they are cute, that is enough.

not all short men are weak. Bruce Lee and Manny Paquio are examples of short men who are/were strong. Bruce Lee was a short skinny guy, yet men that were twice as big as him feared him

• Definitely being a short guy, there are many girls out there who apparently will straight up stop talking to a guy if he is too short. But guys don't really give a fuck even if the girl is short.

but isn't appearence more important factor for girls?

Yeah but not when it comes to height. It's more about girls always being expected to look pretty.

• Huh? I don't want a tall girl, I see no reason to date tall girls because it's irrelevant to me beyond convenience in physical things

• Short guy

No contest

• Sort guy without a doubt. The only challenge for a short girl is reaching things in cupboards, and they may stools for that. They don't make stools for all the challenges short guys face.

what it short guys challenge?

Ahaha it's quite entertaining watching a grown a** man attempt to insult someone.

While it's fun and all, I've gotten bored of your response. So I'll leave you to it. Feel free to write whatever crap it is you had practiced for before but I won't be responding. Good day sir

@Beautifiedgirl123 Sadly, you don't realize how pathetic it is to be pitied. Maybe when you grow up.

• EASY! It is tougher being a short guy.

• There's people who like short girls.

• Short girls are cool in my opinion. Never heard of girl saying she would date shorter guy though.

• I dont care about length.

• Short guy, because I love short women

• Dear, in our society a lot of things are harder for men.

• It's like saying who should be more afraid of breast cancer.

Obviously it's one gender over the other...

• A short man

• In the uk and North America, more men prefer short women then tall.

All over the world though, height is not as significant a factor in a woman's appearance as it is in a man's.

If you look at old singles dating sites it's very common for women to mention desired height in a partner (and when they mention they tend to ask for 6' or taller). Men don't.

The equivalent to being a short man is probably being a fat woman.

Well I saw some swedish guys they want girls over 170.

Sub 170 is considered a plus in North America.

sub170 is considered like being 200lbs+ in sweden :D

• Short guy I would think since short girls can be with most guys

• Short guy by far.

but I thought appearence is more important factor for women?

like what?

Well usually guys like long hair, wide hips, full lips, smooth skin, skinny and curvy, some like long toned legs others like them more thick and meaty. Stuff like that.

What Girls Said 12

• a lot of guys actually prefer short females over tall. it makes them feel more dominant. taller women intimidate them.

• Short guy for sure

• Definitely harder for men. Girls are more attracted to tall guys so they really feel it.

same for the guys?

• I think it would be even more difficult for a guy to be short than it is for a girl.

It is more masculine for a man to be tall and more feminine for a woman to be short. (at least shorter than the guy)

• Short guy in my opinion.

• it's obviously harder for men when they're short, women can be short and tall but not too tall, many guys prefer shorter women i never heard of a guy that likes tall women to be honest

• short men have a hard time and it's dumb because it doesn't even matter

• Short girl for sure! I know from personal experience.

how tall are you, where do you live and what is your experience :D

• It can be hard sometimes but still i love being short

• Short guy haha

• I can imagine the short guy would have it harder. Both in the dating world and in the business world...

there are many successful short men. Most of the richest men are all under 5'10

Mark Zuckerburg and Bill Gates are 5'9

• Here (Sweden), def. short girl. Most girls dont reject shorter guys.