How important is it to understand your partner's profession?

So, I started dating this guy that works in finance and I don't understand it at all.. I just literally don't get it, and can't talk to him about his job because i don't understand.

Is this a big deal breaker, in your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you look cute enough not knowing.. most likely you'll skirt right through it

Just the the reality tuts. You'd be surprised what a great pair of legs can do these days

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends oh how much they want you to understand it.
    I mean I could imagine if I was dating an artist they'd want me to understand their craft, or a writer would want me to read their work and talk to them about it. But like a grocery baggier who cares i don't need to know they don't need me to know.
    You should just ask him about it, if he wants to share it with you he'll explain it, if not then oh well.

What Guys Said 7

• No it just one thing you can't talk about

• She has to be capable of understanding what I do.

• I do expect her to. I don't know much about early childhood education and taking care of infants

• not big deal, you are his girlfriend not colleague!

• No big deal actually.

• yes it is. i wouldn't date you.

• I would want my girlfriend to have a basic understanding I mean I have years of learning and schooling to get where I am and it is unrealistic to expect her to know everything about it

What Girls Said 2

• It's important.

• This is a pretty good question. I've always wondered about this too.