Non-Americans - do you think interracial dating / sex is viewed differently in your country compared to the US?

My impression is that it is a big deal in the US, in a way that it isn't in most other countries. Discuss.

Most Helpful Girl

• In the UK it hasn't been a big deal for a long time. Growing up, every other kid was mixed race, it's nothing.
    Sorry, not trying to be offensive just honest, don't know how it actually is there but from what I see online on forums and stuff on TV, when it comes to race America is the most backward advanced country. Like an advanced country that just can't leave this one thing alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never heard anyone having a problem with interracial dating in the bay area. Maybe it's different if the person lives in the rural south. Asia, Europe and most of the rest of the world is actually much less diverse overall, with less interracial relationships than the US. The US media just creates sensationalized stories which leads to an exaggerated racist view of the US. You can believe the hysteria if you want though. I do live in a particularly diverse and liberal area like I said, but I've never heard of a person having an issue with interracial dating here. That would pretty much be blasphemy here.

What Girls Said 6

• It's not a big deal in my country - I am Dutch. It happens quite a lot and no one does care about it. But I don't know whether it is a bigger issue in the USA.

• Well of course it's a bigger deal here, cause Americans are dumb, & socially slow to get beyond their ignorant & racist past... (That & relgion is USA's favorite drug! Next to alcohol) ... but anyway yes, it's less of a deal elsewhere.

• I don't think it's a big deal here.

• Not a big deal where i live.

• Id have to disagree with the UK being tolerant of inter racial relationships. there's so many ignorant whites here compared to the US who won't even befriend someone of a different race unless theyre educated and an exception. Women here tend to get with anyone though, but the men tend to have been taught that white women are somehow superior and think if you date a non white then you're desperate. I think a lot of this has to do with our upper classes who own the media who push a white agenda and are mainly jewish who believe the mother of any kids born from men has to be a jew (usually white) and white as they have a twisted view of racial superiority.

AMerica may have its race problems but here in the UK its mainly hidden and a lot of people just ignore non whites or won't associate with them or date and marry unless theyre an exception.

• I am from the UK and it isn't really a problem here

What Guys Said 13

• It's an issue in america depending on what state you are in. If you're in the cosmopolitan cities then it's not a big deal. AT ALL. If you're in more rural and country side then I can see it being an issue. In Miami or any other big cities, mixed couples are very other couple. Some areas of America is a problem. Not all of america.

• Your impression? It depends on where in the US you are. In a big city like LA or NYC, it won't be a big deal at all compared to a small town in Buttfuck County.

Canada is similar: in the big cities, people don't bat an eyelid about an interracial couple, but the country is still predominately white (or depending on where you are, native) making even seeing folks of another race unusual.

Hahahahaa! I like ur reply !! "Buttfuck county" that's hysterical

• From what i read here, teens from Europe seem less traditional than us ones.
    That's what it seems to me.

The sex after marriage thing..., i think i never read something like that on any Portuguese web page, as an extreme example.

But i bet that, in reality, it's pretty much similar.

Interracial problems... hmm, they seem to be less and less common with time. I think it was way worse when i was a child, than now.

• It's only an issue in those flyover states. No one bats an eye on the populated coast areas and a few cosmopolitan mid-west cities.

• I don't live in the US, so I cannot comment on what you're asking but in my country it's not a big deal. Sure you'll get some people who are against it, but most people don't care. A white man and black woman can walk about holding hands where I live and nobody will take a blind bit of notice.

• I must not be living in the US then

• Its not much of a big deal.

• for turkey dating with a black is impossible. the last time i was a black was weeks ago. Asians and whites live in turkey its common dating / sex whites and Asians

• People feel jealous to see black/white couple here

• The value system In this country is always to find some people to put down. If this continue this country will go down the drain.

• Its pretty normal here😄

• Just classifying some relationships is disguisting

• hmm in the usa yeah, interracial dating is in issue. like a friend of mine, she has a black boyfriend and she's white, and she says people give her mean looks or freeze her out whenever she's at the mall or target or whatever.