Boyfriend won't have sex and his mother hates me?

Hey guys, so this guy I'm dating is 25 and refuses to have sex until marriage which I'm fine about, the only thing I'm not fine with is the fact that his mother is telling him he's too young to have sex and too young to be in a relationship. He's done with school and currently an English teacher, however she has never liked me due to the fact that I am the "other woman" in his life. Those were his words by the way. I don't know how much more I can put up with as she's always been this way. I love my boyfriend but his mother is hell to be around. He even told me that he thinks she's crazy and is embarrassed of her and his dad. This doesn't make me feel any better when considering marriage. Do you think this is an understandable deal breaker or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Total legit deal breaker! It is important to me to a have good relationship with the in-laws! So in your case, I would seriously think about dating someone else. You'll never be able to avoid her totally! She will always be part of his life and from your story, I understand what you mean about the "other woman" jealousy part. Some moms have a hard time letting go of their "babies" and really can't handle seeing their sons move on in life with their future spouse. She doesn't see you as a future family member or the mother of her future grandkids unfortunately. She sees you as the person who is taking away her son. This is why she cold to you and doesn't want her son dating. Some people have a really hard time changing their initial opinion on someone else. His mom obviously hasn't liked you since day-one, and so therefore, chances are she will never like you. Because of this, you will never have friendly or family woman to woman bond with her. Instead, you will always be in conflict with her, she will always despise you! No only that, but she will treat others better than you right in front of your face! I have seen this stuff happen! Why would you subject yourself to that? I can also tell you are somewhat bothered or disappointed about the no sex until marriage. I think marrying someone who you don't know 100% is a big mistake and sex is a big part of a relationship! Unless you sit down with her and straighten this out now, I think forcing this work is not going to be happy and easy!

Most Helpful Girl

• How long have you been together? Do you see yourself in it for the long haul?

If so, you need to have a talk with him about his mother. He needs to put a stop to it if he's serious about the relationship... especially at 25.

What Guys Said 1

• If she starts a "war" with you just threaten to leave. And remind her that it would be on her to fix him as its her fault that you left. The fact that it would most likely destroy what ever motivation he has. As well send him into pretty much total despair as well depression. Also the most depest hatred of her if he found out she was the reason you left.

What Girls Said 1

• I also dated a guy with a mom like this. It was very uncomfortable, and I eventually broke up with him, but it wasn't really due to that reason specifically. I guess it just depends on how much you like him otherwise.