A guy stopped texting me after he said he likes me. Why is that?

here's the thing... this guy I've been dating suddenly stopped texting me. He's been hinting on having sex after dinner for about two or three dates. I've declined. One day, he texted me that we should get dinner, then hang out somewhere we could rent (i. e., motel). I told him, I'm good for dinner but not to hang out. I also asked him bluntly if all this was just for hook up. His response was that he really does like me, and that he would've told me first off if that was his intention. And then, no more texts. So, what is up with that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause he want to know if you are willing to give the same feelings back or not. The sooner you give him the green the sooner it will work out or he will start chasing after the next best girl he comes across. (of course the latter only happens when he knows your not interested.)

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like he was just looking for sex. If he really liked you he would have texted you to actually hang out and not in a motel room for obvious sex. Have you texted him since he hasn't responded last? If you have and he still did not respond then clearly he was just looking for sex and because you flat out asked him about it he realised he was caught and maybe said he liked you to not make you feel bad.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Don't believe him here, Dear... He Wanted his Sweet cake and to Eat yours Two.
    He sounds like a real Funny Hunny with Trying to get you into bed. And with having a few Meal Deals, he was Hoping for Dessert to Top off the Night.
    Forget him. He may even have Found someone else who Found a real Treat and May have even saved on The... Dinners for Two.
    Good luck. xx

• How many days has it been since he stopped texting? Have you reached out again?

If you don't hear from him within next week then he lost interest. Or prolly found someone who is willing to sleep and date him.

It's been four days already. Should I text him or wait it out?

Nope. Not yet.

I wouldn't really recommend on it. If he was really interested.. He'd find a way to reach out but if you really like him, I guess you can give it another shot but if he still doesn't respond then cut ties. Just not worth it.

• i feel like he just wants to hook up, and he got bored when he realised you're not straight up for that

• Probably realised he got caught out