I didn't know he had a girlfriend. Help please?

I've been hanging out with this guy a lot, and it's always just the two of us. Even though we haven't kissed or done anything like that, we flirt a lot and spend a lot of time together. I even drove around town with him for 2 hours one night and we just talked. I assumed he was single because he never talks about a girlfriend, only an ex girlfriend occasionally. Also, he's never with any girls and he texts me and calls me all the time. So I thought it was obvious he was single. Well anyway, today a mutual friend told me that he has a girlfriend and it crushed me. And she was like "it's weird tho because he never talks about her". We both think that maybe theyre doing long distance and thats whtbwe never see her or hear about her. I feel terrible and I feel like a bad person for spending so much time with a taken man. I know i wouodnt want my boyfriend hanging out with and talking to another girl all the time. But why didn't he tell me about her either? I just feel like I was lead on and I feel like an idiot. I feel humiliated and played. All this time he's been telling me how special i am, and that I'm such an amazing person. All this time I thought he was such a sweet guy, and then I find this out. And he never mentioned a girlfriend... ever. Not even once since we started hanging out. What should I do?

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing. Don't cut him out. If things aren't going well with her, he'll dump her. Other than that, there's nothing to do.

• One word, punctuation. It makes it a lot easier to read.

Have you asked him? Maybe your friend is lying.

What Girls Said 1

• Ask him straight up if he has a girlfriend. Hearing gossip from people is one thing but it's another to get confirmation.

If he has a girlfriend, walk away. If he doesn't, then it's green lights all over.