Should I ask him to go to a concert with me?

I happen to have two concert tickets to my favorite band. I only have two friends that know/like this band. One is my best childhood friend and she usually goes with me. The other friend who likes this band also happens to be the guy that I'm crushing on. Two years ago, my girl friend had a family issue come up last minute and she couldnt go to the concert with me. So i asked this same guy to go with me. We went as friends and had a good time, though he was a little bit awkward (we werent great friends yet then). I didn't let him pay for his ticket because it truthfully would have gone to waste otherwise, and he felt really bad about it. I also felt bad because I asked him last minute and I think he may have felt like my second choice (which he kind of was, but nothing to do with him, just that I always go to this concert with the same friend). This year, my dad bought me the concert tickets for my birthday, and my normal concert buddy just found out she has a work conflict and can't go. I want to ask him to go with me again, partially because I'm crazy about him and want to hang out with him, but I know he loves this band too and wants to go but can't afford it. How should I handle this without making things awkward or making him feel bad (its last minute again)?

What Guys Said 2

• I would just ask him if he would like to go with you to the concert by saying you have an extra ticket to go with you

• Say "I like you and I'd like to spend time with you. Want to go to a concert with me? I already have the tickets so you don't have to pay."

That's all there's to it Lizzy. Why make things so complicated? If you say that, he'll know what's up and won't be confused at all.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, You should ask him. Just mention to him that you have an extra ticket for the concert and ask him if he would be interested in joining you.